Araneomorph (True Spider) Picture Thread

RebelWolf

Arachnosquire
Caught a steatoda grossa, false widow spider. If I'm wrong then please correct me but I'm sure this is the specie. Beautiful spider

Caught a steatoda grossa, false widow spider. If I'm wrong then please correct me but I'm sure this is the specie. Beautiful spider
Second pic is here

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Christoph27

Arachnopeon
Another Phidippus aduax, feeding time.
20180523_220415.jpg

Not sure on the name, this is the first picture i was able to get if this one. 20180522_195342.jpg

Hogna carolinensis
20180522_195843.jpg

I need to get pictures of the rest, im still figuring out my new camera. I have a couple additions as well.

laservet

Arachnopeon
I've only seen a Green Magnolia Jumping Spider (male with the large mandibles) once before, this was a treat! My wife and I were sitting out on a swing on our deck about 30 minutes ago when I noticed a small green spider on the swing's canopy frame. I thought it was a lynx spider, ran inside to get my camera, and after I took the first shot I realized what it was. While I was shooting he was reeling out a strand of web. I jokingly told my wife that with my luck it would balloon and wind up on me. And it did GreenMagnoliaJumpingSpider-3.jpg GreenMagnoliaJumpingSpider-4.jpg GreenMagnoliaJumpingSpider-6.jpg GreenMagnoliaJumpingSpider-7.jpg GreenMagnoliaJumpingSpider-8.jpg .

Chin Crimson

Arachnopeon
Its hard to see but I had to share it.

This S. Pholcidae took down a much heavier and experienced S. Tegenaria (i think).

IMG_20180615_084804.jpg

Just webbed it in, with its skinny long legs that remind me of my own, long pale legs.
It feasted 5 days in it, until it threw it on the ground for me to clean. He was very skinny before, now really fat after 1 meal.

After that incident i named it Striker.

AS you can See the enclosure was originally for the Tegenaria, and the Pholcid was meant to be food.... Lol.
Now i know better. Those Pholcids are Hardcore!

Arthropapa

Arachnopeon
Nice Tube! Is that its mold back there?

Here some pics of my S. Tegenaria 'Marshmallow' feasting on adult cricket. I need a better camera to share this awesome pics!
Nice spider! Yeah she has just molted and I wanted to take a picture of her.
I named her Iktomi like the Sioux spider trickster god.
She has really nice clean tubes.
I hear you on the better camera. I need the same to better share my critters!

Very nice spider you got there!
I am unsure of the species for mine. Just know she's a funnel spider from here in NV.
I believe they can be found in AZ and CA too though.

Chin Crimson

Arachnopeon
I named her Iktomi like the Sioux spider trickster god.
She has really nice clean tubes.

Very nice spider you got there!
I am unsure of the species for mine. Just know she's a funnel spider from here in NV.
I believe they can be found in AZ and CA too though.
That is a very cool Name!! And the tube is absolutely amazing! The enclosure you made looks very appealing.

I'd have to get funnel webs online, not sure if we have them here in Northern Germany; they are awesome!

Yes knowing the exact species would be Nice! I just don't know how, yet.

As for my S. Tegenaria i now think it could be Eratigena species instead, eratigena atrica maybe. But that is just my guess (just judging from pics). I know for sure it's very happy!

I managed to capture some more little ones of them, wich i will happylie raise!

My house is spider infested and I absolutely love it! They are all non poisonous!

Cheers!

Roseweave

Arachnopeon
I really like these little funnel weaver dudes, not sure what the species is. It's cute when you poke their webs and you see their lil legs poke out.

Razzledazzy

Arachnosquire
I've only seen a Green Magnolia Jumping Spider (male with the large mandibles) once before, this was a treat! My wife and I were sitting out on a swing on our deck about 30 minutes ago when I noticed a small green spider on the swing's canopy frame. I thought it was a lynx spider, ran inside to get my camera, and after I took the first shot I realized what it was. While I was shooting he was reeling out a strand of web. I jokingly told my wife that with my luck it would balloon and wind up on me. And it did View attachment 276842 View attachment 276843 View attachment 276844 View attachment 276845 View attachment 276846 .
That fella has some BONKERS pedipalps. Nice catch!