1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True spider picture thread

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by Curious jay, May 30, 2012.

1. RebelWolf

RebelWolf Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Caught a steatoda grossa, false widow spider. If I'm wrong then please correct me but I'm sure this is the specie. Beautiful spider

Second pic is here

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2018
  2. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

It sure looks like S. grossa.

3. Christoph27

Christoph27 Arachnopeon Active Member

Tn
    My wild caught Phidippus aduax. 20180520_040933.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. 8legsloth

8legsloth Arachnopeon

RIP Bud Dwyer

5. Christoph27

Christoph27 Arachnopeon Active Member

Tn
    Another Phidippus aduax, feeding time.
    20180523_220415.jpg

Not sure on the name, this is the first picture i was able to get if this one. 20180522_195342.jpg

Hogna carolinensis
    20180522_195843.jpg

I need to get pictures of the rest, im still figuring out my new camera. I have a couple additions as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. laservet

laservet Arachnopeon

I've only seen a Green Magnolia Jumping Spider (male with the large mandibles) once before, this was a treat! My wife and I were sitting out on a swing on our deck about 30 minutes ago when I noticed a small green spider on the swing's canopy frame. I thought it was a lynx spider, ran inside to get my camera, and after I took the first shot I realized what it was. While I was shooting he was reeling out a strand of web. I jokingly told my wife that with my luck it would balloon and wind up on me. And it did GreenMagnoliaJumpingSpider-3.jpg GreenMagnoliaJumpingSpider-4.jpg GreenMagnoliaJumpingSpider-6.jpg GreenMagnoliaJumpingSpider-7.jpg GreenMagnoliaJumpingSpider-8.jpg .

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Buthoscorpio

Buthoscorpio Arachnopeon Active Member

Sicarius albospinosus[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnoknight Active Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1