Araneomorph (True Spider) Picture Thread

babygirl

Arachnopeon
I have two jumpers, (trite parvula)

(Herb)

(Gizmo)

I also just got a black house spider or a Badumna insignis. Just molted today.

(Zeal) sorry for the fuzzy molt photo :/ it's really small and i have a bad camera.

I'm still working on the enclosures and any help would really be appreciated. I'm in New Zealand, so finding things for spiders is really difficult! the substrate is going to be replaced with coco fiber I am keeping the enclosures properly moisturized. I originally wanted tarantula. But New Zealand has exceptionally strict laws about importation involving any kind of foreign insect. But I do absolutely love my spiders. The jumpers are amazing (and cheeky for the most part) and the black house spider is pretty chill so far so I'm glad to be a proud owner of such beautiful true spiders. :D

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
While spider hunting in my yard tonight, I was surprised to find this penultimate male Eriophora ravilla, a species that is normally found in the Gulf states. (This is the first time I have seen one in South Carolina.)

The wolf

Arachnolord
i love jumping spiders but i dont keep often let them wonder the house and help them with a bug or too lol

---------- Post added 05-30-2012 at 08:46 PM ----------

Ok, so i had the time to take some pics just now (isn@t all of them just got pics of the ones that were willing lol).

Amaurobius Ferox? im unsure on this one but i believe its in the Amaurobius sp.

Segestria sp. (I think maybe florentina as the fangs have a slight green sheen)

Lycosidae?

Drasodes lapidosus

Tegenaria sp.

i have 4 of those, one grown on sling and 3 Juvies.

D. crocata mature male

I have another 3 mature females one juvie and a sling in a communal together of these guys one of the females layed a sack last night:

and i believe one of the other females is preparing a eggsack too, i'd like to have a go at successfully raising this species. as i have done so with my tegenaria, Steatoda nobilis and i currently have a Amaurobius similis sack that started emerging into slings today. I've tried looking for information on eggsack care/requirements online but didn't come up with anything lol if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated too. (Catfishrod i think you mentioned you kept these when i accidentally mislabelled a spider you needed an ID for? if so did you breed them? anything will help. thanks).
Incredible spiders truly fascinating also that wolf spider(lycosidae) its in the trochosa genus and I would say trochosa tericola or trochosa ruricola (rustic wolf spider) I only know this from a great book I used to identify my own trochosa ruricola/tericola once again love your collection.

Duriana

Arachnoknight
IMG_0885.JPG My P. Tepidariorum making her first eggsac! I wish I had a picture from before because her abdomen was noticeably smaller.

Glubu

Arachnosquire
After a few years I decided picking up on some Steatoda grossa again, I currently have 2 mature females. I just got my first DSLR Camera (Canon EOS D1100 with 18-55 IS II) and decided to take it out for a spin.

Billycarnage

Arachnopeon
i love jumping spiders but i dont keep often let them wonder the house and help them with a bug or too lol

---------- Post added 05-30-2012 at 08:46 PM ----------

Ok, so i had the time to take some pics just now (isn@t all of them just got pics of the ones that were willing lol).

Amaurobius Ferox? im unsure on this one but i believe its in the Amaurobius sp.

Segestria sp. (I think maybe florentina as the fangs have a slight green sheen)

Lycosidae?

Drasodes lapidosus

Tegenaria sp.

i have 4 of those, one grown on sling and 3 Juvies.

D. crocata mature male

I have another 3 mature females one juvie and a sling in a communal together of these guys one of the females layed a sack last night:

and i believe one of the other females is preparing a eggsack too, i'd like to have a go at successfully raising this species. as i have done so with my tegenaria, Steatoda nobilis and i currently have a Amaurobius similis sack that started emerging into slings today. I've tried looking for information on eggsack care/requirements online but didn't come up with anything lol if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated too. (Catfishrod i think you mentioned you kept these when i accidentally mislabelled a spider you needed an ID for? if so did you breed them? anything will help. thanks).
Cou

Lilac

Arachnopeon
Hey all, not really new, but sort of new. I used to be really into Ts back in the day, but figured I should get back into this forum now. I live in west Texas and I've found so many gorgeous spiders and I just want to gush.

I found this lady(?) in our bedroom today, enjoying the air conditioning. I've never seen a wolf spider this big, and even other people who've lived here there whole lives are impressed. Her leg span was approximately 4". I named her Dolores before getting her out of the house.

Attachments