Araneomorph (True Spider) Picture Thread

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
Awesome pictures Zon. Damn you guys and your fancy macro lenses! I'll get one some day!

That is most certainly D. albineus I can see some curled out hairs in the first & second picture, which is distinct to that species.

That is a species of Scytodes, but, It is very long legged, which should make it not S. thoracica, but rather a newly introduced species Scytodes globula

Credit John Koerner for that information: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...lorida-Spiders-2012-)))&p=1991635#post1991635

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Thanks for the IDs, Ciphor(and John Koerner). Just a $300 prosumer cam & cheap Raynox lens+ sweaty experimentation;)

I was a little underwhelmed by the spider action this trip but did see a lot of fantastic verts & inverts(pics forthcoming)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Dolomedes triton

Unknown burrowing wolf. Very fast and deffensive. One tried to kill me when i invaded its enclosure. It ended up on my arm, and lets say i wasnt crapping daisies!

Mature male K. hibernalis

Phidippus otiosus orange-phase

Phidippus audux

D.crocata

Dolomedes albineus

Thelcticopis modesta

Latrodectus geometricus

Dolomedes tenebrosus

P. viridans

Hogna aspersa

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Man, some great pictures dropped since I last checked!

I got a new spider I found the other night I need to get some pics of it up as I need help IDing it. At first I thought it was a Drassodes sp due to the spinnerets but on closer inspection I was way out lol. It's got a Drassodes lapidosus build with fangs like a Dysdera which is what made me think it isn't a Drassodes so yea I'll try and get a pic up later of it.

In the mean time, keep the pics dropping. Got some stunning spiders in here so far!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I love the pictures of the Dolomedes tenebrosus spiderlings!

Here is a better shot of one of my captive female Kukulcania hibernalis that was taken a few days after she molted.

and a "wild" male Kukulcania hibernalis that I found in my bathtub

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You should have seen them lol. Fast, ballooners, jumpers. She dropped 3 huge sacs for me too. I love your hibernalis female. Maybe this september in NC ill finally find one.
I love the pictures of the Dolomedes tenebrosus spiderlings!

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Someone's gotta bump this thread, so here we go:

Agelena labyrinthica

Tegenaria parietina

Eresus moravicus

Drassodes lapidosus

Geolycosa sp.

Hogna radiata

Cheiracanthium punctorium

Zoropsis spinimana

Micrommata virescens

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Some more Dolomedes...

D. albineus

D. triton w. sac

D. okeefinokensis

Last edited:

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
I love how big Araneus diadematus are getting this time of year. Straight up monsters!

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
found this one running up my wall whilst in bed, I believe its some sort of Drassode as it has the characteristic spinnerets but i haven't looked further into it as haven't had the time.

had poor lighting so it was under a flashligh.

some amazing pictures in here too!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome pictures in here. That one from the Eresus moravicus is kinda cute - was that a threat pose?

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea it was throwing a threat display. They do that a lot (at least this female does). It doesnt really work though cause they dont really have a menacing look. :D

As for Curious_jay, that is a Gnaphosidae but not a Drassodes. It's a female Scotophaeus blackwalli.