1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

TroyMcClure0g82

Discussion in 'Online Seller/Buyer/Breeder Reviews' started by gdfelas, Oct 14, 2004.

1. gdfelas

gdfelas Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I got my widows in the mail today from TroyMcClure0g82.Great spiders made sure things went smoothly and did everything he said he would. Ill be getting more form him soon. Anyone looking for Black Widows Check with TroyMcClureog82.....
    Thanks Brian

2. Anansi

Anansi Arachnoknight Old Timer

I've met David in person and he is a really nice/ personable guy...I've only sold to him, but wouldn't think twice about buying from him...

3. Tom Falise

Tom Falise Arachnopeon

recieved a beautiful male B Smithi from TroyMclure0q82. He did a great job of shipping and packing and follow- up. Would recommend him highly!

4. DR zuum

DR zuum ArachnoAntigen Old Timer

Positive

Recieved a nice male B.smithi specimen from David,well packed shipped promptly good price.Nice guy wouldnt hesitate to do business with him again in the future.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  5. beetleman

beetleman Arachnoking Old Timer

hawiian centipedes(troyMcClureOq82)

just got these awseome pedes from him,excellent service,everything went perfect,give him a try.....you'll be glad you did!

6. cacoseraph

cacoseraph ArachnoGod Old Timer

Positive

POSITIVE
    i bought juv P.iminia, H.lividum, C.cyanopubescens, and a little A.bicoloratum cutie from TroyMcClureOG82. He drove out to meet me at a spot convenient to both of us. The spiders all look great, are eating like pigs, and are DEFINITELY as big (or bigger) than he said they were. good guy, would buy from him again (centipedes, anyone?) :)

7. RazorRipley

RazorRipley Arachnobaron Old Timer

Positive

Did a trade, all went nicely, did all he said he would, good person to do business with.

8. OldHag

OldHag ArachnoHag Old Timer

POSITIVE

Got a female (cross my fingers) B. boehmei from him. Very resonable price and shes a purty one :D
    Would do buisness again!

9. davidkappelt

davidkappelt Arachnosquire Old Timer

TroyMcClureOG82

Positive.

Most everything was good. Prices, condition of spiders...

The only think I could complain about was the packaging technique.
    Kind of not so great, but the spiders came warm and safe, and that is all I need to worry about.

Would buy from again!

Thanks!

10. reptist

reptist Arachnobaron Old Timer

+-+-+-+

I bought some slings from David, it took him a bit to ship, they arived today , looked good, Thanks, B.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  11. TroyMcClureOG82

TroyMcClureOG82 Arachnobaron Old Timer

edit........

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  12. KJE

KJE Arachnoangel Old Timer

Ohio
    Neutral

Got my 2 little slings from him today. I got a GBB and C. fasciatum. Both are as described. Let me break it down for you on a scale of 1 to 10. Ten being perfect and 1 being horrible.

Communication - 9.5
    Willingness to wait until weather is warmer - 10
    Condition of slings - 9.5
    Packing - 4*

*Allow me to explain the low number on packing. The box was well insulated and packed firmly with styrofoam noodles. The problem comes in with the slings being shipped in partially dirt-filled containers, which was quite lose. I had to dig out the C. fasciatum, thankfully he/she was still alive. That one was in some kind of sandy stuff. Not sure what that was. When I opened the box from what I thought was the top, the containers were upside down. I slowly turned them upright and the dirt in the GBB's container moved and almost landed on the sling. The dirt was very moist and heavy. The lids to the containers were not taped shut, but thankfully they didn't pop open during shipping. There were no air holes in the C. fasciatum's container or lid.

So, considering everything, I would have to give a neutral rating to him. Some things were excellent and some need improvement.

13. TroyMcClureOG82

The stuff was just coconut fiber. I prefer to ship slings that small in their containers or viles that they live in. I ship all larger Ts in paper filled containers, but with slings that small they would get lost in the folds of the paper. The C fasciatum's container should have very small ari holes poked out with a hot needles. He's been living fine in there for a month now. I could have put them in viles with moist paper but IMO that would have been harder on the Ts. I did take a long time to pack them making sure I used a small 4" cube box and peanuts so they would survive the priority shipping you requested. I'm glad to hear they arrived okay!!!

14. KJE

KJE Arachnoangel Old Timer

Ohio
    That's cool. I've never shipped slings that small (.75" and .33"). The smallest I've shipped is about 1.5". I guess it's just a difference of opinions on how slings should be shipped. I have received slings from other people that were about .25" and they have all added a layer of paper towel or something, but it's cool.

I did mention about the box itself being firmly packed.

I'm not sure how to take your coment about the priority shipping. I have always shipped and received t's by priority mail. I know others have had a problem with this, but I never have. Others have also had problems with overnight shipping.

I would also like to add that I sent him a 40 hour heat pack to include in my shipment because he only had 24 hour heat packs. That was just something I wanted to do since I requested priority shipping.

15. TroyMcClureOG82

Yea when I use vials I put a little bit of paper on top to make sure they don't get rattled to much but since I used such small containers this time I didn't worry too much about them getting rattled around. What I meant by the priority shipping is that I took extra special care when packing, because I wanted to make sure they were ready for the long haul. Others would have just written it off since there is no live arrival guarantee anyways. I was glad you sent that 40 hour pack too, because I only have access to them over the internet in bulk.

16. AfterTheAsylum

AfterTheAsylum Arachnodemon Old Timer

Positive

This is the third time I have bought from him. Everything is always done well. Good packing, good communication, etc. The best thing to note is his precaution. He goes that extra mile to make sure things go by correctly and smoothly.

T.S.

17. z32upgrader

z32upgrader Arachnoknight

POSITIVE

Just completed a trade with him and was very pleased. Spiders were packed well and snugly. They arrived alive and feisty. Communication was great. A question was usually answered within a few minutes. I look forward to possible future deals with David, and welcome him back into the hobby!

• Like Like x 1
  18. JDMjoseDK

JDMjoseDK Arachnopeon

Very healthy tarantulas

Awesome guy to deal with!
    If you're looking to purchase/trade from him, dont think
    Twice! He's the guy and i did a trade with him, gotta
    Love my Gigas and Vagans both are looking healthy and
    Eating fericiously! Definitely recommend David! *****

19. iamthegame06

iamthegame06 Arachnosquire

just met up with TroyMcClureOG82 today! communication was fast! great prices! good deals! looking forward to dealing with him again! thanks man!