1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Tropical Hut, Portland OR

Discussion in 'Petstore Reviews' started by Rain_Flower, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Advertisement
    My favorite pet store of all tiiime. They are very nice and pretty damn smart for being a pet store. They have a HUGE variety of well, everything. Lots of reptiles, amphibians, tarantulas, scorpions, roaches, fish, turtles. I have bought many T's and reptiles from them all in good shape. Very willing to help with anything. They even invited me in the back once so I could see some of the T and scorp molts they have back there. I reccomend checking it out if your in the area.

2. Coconana

Coconana Arachnosquire

Fairly positive, overall. I've been a frequent customer at his store, and I've purchased six tarantulas in all that were in great condition. The store is always tidy and a few of the staff have gotten to know us by name, and although the T variety has only recently started to expand over the last few months, they've got an amazing selection of ball pythons in just about every morph you can think of!

My only negative experience so far has been the little vial my new H. Minax sling came in... It was starting to mold from over misting, so I did a very swift rehousing. As far as anything else negative goes? They're rather over-priced, and all of their tarantulas are kept in some very... very temporary 'housing' if they're bigger than slings.

I'd give this store a 5/10. They're the 'go to' of the metro area if you want Portland T's.