1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trinidad Copper Top (Pseudhapalopus trinitatis)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by MissOrangeHat, Mar 8, 2018.

Are these a good beginner species???

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
  1. MissOrangeHat

MissOrangeHat Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I saw this species on Swift's Inverts and it didn't give me a clear description on how these beautiful lovelies tick.

http://www.swiftinverts.com/pix/P.trinitatis1.jpg

Anyone know of anyone that has or currently owns own of these??

Again me and my boyfriend are looking for a T to call our own and were slowly but surely doing research on species that interest us in caring for.

I personally was interested in this species, but I myself am a newbie to owning Ts, while my boyfriend as more experience then I.

We couldn't find any information on these guys, and are seeking help for information.

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. Goopyguy56

Goopyguy56 Arachnobaron Active Member

Ohio
    I saw them too. If I was going to keep them I would set them up the same way I do my Hapalopus sp. Columbia large. Whether that is the best I dont know. They are probably fast but its up to you if you think you can handle it. I would go with a more common beginner species that folks on here could tell you about. Maybe contact swifts to ask about care. I doubt there are alot of folks on here with them

3. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Not that much is know about those. Even in Europe they tend to be on the 'rare' side (however I've saw those). Prices are, here, on the 'higher' side (compared to other T's, especially the more beginner-friendly almost always available ones).

I don't think they would make a so much bad starter Theraphosidae for someone that, at least, has a bit of 'know how' but still I doubt that they would be that easy 'walk in the park', parameters talking, like the rest of the average beginner suggested T's :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MissOrangeHat

MissOrangeHat Arachnopeon

I did send Kelly an email asking about them. Hopefully I get some good answers!

5. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnogeek Arachnosupporter

If they are anything like Pseudhapalopus sp Blue the slings are tiny 1/8" and g r o w....slower than molasses in winter. They are beautiful though if you can deal with a skittish fast tiny sling.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Richard Stewart

Richard Stewart the_tarantula_collective Arachnosupporter

I just saw Tom Patterson has some for sale...thinking about getting a few. If anyone has info on size and growth rate, etc...I would also appreciate it. As for now I am assuming it is along the same lines as my Pseudhapalopus sp Blue.