tri color burrowing scorp.

drolkp

Arachnopeon
1. who has or knows where i can get some juvenile tri color scorpions?

innocence lost

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
someone put me onto this site.. check it out
http://www.carolinaspecialtypets.com/

Scorpions
C.B. Baby African Tri-Color Scorpion
(Opistophthalmus carinatus)
Beautiful little babies, eating like champs on ¼” size crickets with beautiful red and black markings.
$8.00

Hope that helps you out!!

Russ Thomas

Arachnopeon
Yes, but looky here, a little further down the list........ :}

Tri-Colored Hissing Scorpion
(Opistophthalmus glabifrons)
Some of the nicest looking locality morphs of this species come out of East Africa, and that’s were these little guys came from. Nice high oranges and pale blue white stripes.
$16.00

Absolutely awsome !! I wonder if it is legal to get them into Norway ??

Regards as ever,

Russ

drolkp

Arachnopeon
how much are we talking w/ shipping to zip code: 32114? are juveniles or adults?

Russ Thomas said:

Some of the nicest looking locality morphs of this species come out of East Africa, and that’s were these little guys came from. Nice high oranges and pale blue white stripes.
$16.00

Regards as ever,

Russ

innocence lost

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here... shippin info for that site

FedEx Standard Overnight (by 3:00pm) Starts at $20.00 for smaller packages
FedEx Priority Overnight (by 10:00pm) Starts at $25.00 for smaller packages
UPS Overnight Starts at $25.00 for smaller packages
Airborne Express Overnight Starts at $35.00 for smaller packages
USPS Priority Starts at $10.00 (no live arrival guarantee, I will only ship certain species of invertebrates via USPS

innocence lost

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Russ Thomas said:

$16.00

Regards as ever,

Russ

Yes you are right, ,That is a beautiful scorp..And only$16.00 NICE
[/IMG]

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

drolkp

Arachnopeon
is this from your collection or anothers?

i've called carolina specialty pets and he's totally out... he just relocated and had to quickly lighten his load.

innocence lost

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
drolkp said:
is this from your collection or anothers?

i've called carolina specialty pets and he's totally out... he just relocated and had to quickly lighten his load.

Oh God, dont I just wish it was one of mine.....
No It was a pic I found on the net.. Im thinking about adding it to my collection, but I want to read up on it first..
My husband is not too thrilled about this whole scorpion thing.. even though it was his idea to get the emp.. But He'll warm up to it.. Or else. :razz: LOL

Eurypterid

Arachnerd
Old Timer
innocence lost said:
Oh God, dont I just wish it was one of mine.....
No It was a pic I found on the net.. Im thinking about adding it to my collection, but I want to read up on it first..
My husband is not too thrilled about this whole scorpion thing.. even though it was his idea to get the emp.. But He'll warm up to it.. Or else. :razz: LOL
They are a great species - large, very aggressive, attractive (as you can see), and serious burrowers. Put them in a deep tank, filled about halfway with a mix of about 60% clean sand, 35-37% potting soil/peat humus, and about 3-5% of celluclay (it's used to stiffen clay - can be found in art supply stores). Pack that mix down tight and let it dry before adding the scorp. It'll make a nice hard desert-like substrate that will allow the scorp to dig an impressive tunnel system without collapsing. The only thing is, they like their burrows, so you may not see them out much.

innocence lost

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Eurypterid said:
They are a great species - large, very aggressive, attractive (as you can see), and serious burrowers. Put them in a deep tank, filled about halfway with a mix of about 60% clean sand, 35-37% potting soil/peat humus, and about 3-5% of celluclay (it's used to stiffen clay - can be found in art supply stores). Pack that mix down tight and let it dry before adding the scorp. It'll make a nice hard desert-like substrate that will allow the scorp to dig an impressive tunnel system without collapsing. The only thing is, they like their burrows, so you may not see them out much.

cool. thank you, thats helpful. Dont they like to chase after their food and stuff? Not good for handling I assume?

drolkp

Arachnopeon
thanks for the tip... do u by chance know of anyone who might have a mixture of opistophthalmus' ?

Eurypterid

Arachnerd
Old Timer
innocence lost said:
cool. thank you, thats helpful. Dont they like to chase after their food and stuff? Not good for handling I assume?
They will sometimes charge out of their burrow to grab prey, but usually slide back down their holes very rapidly once they have it. Definitely not a good one for holding. They are very aggressive, and though their venom is not particularly dangerous, it is said to be very very painful.

Eurypterid

Arachnerd
Old Timer
drolkp said:
thanks for the tip... do u by chance know of anyone who might have a mixture of opistophthalmus' ?
Check the ads in the For Sale forum. They are usually being offered by someone, but they are not as frequently seen as some other scorps.