Trenor's Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Is that one from Jamie's Tarantulas?
Looks super nice!
It isn't. I buy most of my Ts from people on the boards these days. I have bought several from her before and it's a great place to shop. The above enclosure is from her site.

Edit: I totally misread that. Yes that enclosure is one of Jamies. :D

I'm looking to try my hand at making one on my on soon.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
It isn't. I buy most of my Ts from people on the boards these days. I have bought several from her before and it's a great place to shop. The above enclosure is from her site.

Edit: I totally misread that. Yes that enclosure is one of Jamies. :D

I'm looking to try my hand at making one on my on soon.
Hahahaha. Made me smile. Looks excellent and I can't wait to get mine big enough for those.

I've seen a few videos of people making them. Doesn't look too hard....but then again my projects end up being 50 footers....looks good from a distance, but up close looks tore up from the floor up.:smug:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Hahahaha. Made me smile. Looks excellent and I can't wait to get mine big enough for those.
I've seen a few videos of people making them. Doesn't look too hard....but then again my projects end up being 50 footers....looks good from a distance, but up close looks tore up from the floor up.:smug:
I hear that, the majority of my Ts are still in the sling stage. Some of them are growing fast though. Some of my projects end that way too.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My new Adult Female P.cambridgei just showed up in the mail and wow is she beautiful. She took my photo shoot with good grace and is not webbing up her new home. She was so calm during the whole thing. Then without much prodding she walked over to the enclosure and crawled in.

I also received a bigger then advertised un-sexed C.cyaneopubescens whose under the hood looks nothing like my male's so I'm hoping it's a female. I did a few shots with it before putting it in a holding enclosure till I can setup a bigger one.

P.cambridgei

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
Great species man she's pretty! I'm building some 5 gallons for my girls if I noticed an hr sooner they were a 1/6th of an inch too long I'd be done but it's too late to run the saw lol :)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Great species man she's pretty! I'm building some 5 gallons for my girls if I noticed an hr sooner they were a 1/6th of an inch too long I'd be done but it's too late to run the saw lol :)
Thanks, I'm all hyped up. I saw you were working on some enclosures and they look good. I have 2 5 gallon tanks I got as freebies a while back I need to convert but I haven't yet. I've considered drilling the glass sides and turning them into arboreal setups.

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
Thanks, I'm all hyped up. I saw you were working on some enclosures and they look good. I have 2 5 gallon tanks I got as freebies a while back I need to convert but I haven't yet. I've considered drilling the glass sides and turning them into arboreal setups.
Yea man new stuff always does that! I found at least in my setup holes in the plexy are more then enough for ventilation in a five they are big enough to get air moving no need to drill the sides. I actually screwed up and the 2 rows of hold were sposed to be in the bottom and the one on the top lol but o well I'm gonna leave it for now and see maybe about drilling another row on the bottom if they need it. I'm doing three of these right now one for my avic avic girl one for my p irminia and one for my Borneo black lampranella I have heard they are aborial and terrestrial so I guese we will see what it does lol

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I found at least in my setup holes in the plexy are more then enough for ventilation in a five they are big enough to get air moving no need to drill the sides.
Good to know, I'll go this route and see how it works out. I can always drill later if needed.
I'm doing three of these right now one for my avic avic girl one for my p irminia and one for my Borneo black lampranella I have heard they are aborial and terrestrial so I guese we will see what it does lol
Cool, I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Thanks, I figured I should take some before housing them. They were both very patient models and didn't make a break for it. :D

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Ok Ok, I know these guys are not tarantulas but I got them as freebies from a tarantula buy. I was told they were assassin bugs but not given a scientific name for them. I'm not sure if I'm into them yet but it was interesting to see four of those tiny guys take out a nymph Dubia roach as a group. It was bigger then all of them combined.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My B.vagans has been in heavy pre-molt for a while now. Last night I took some photos before bed and this morning it was all molted. It still needs to harden some more but I couldn't resist snapping a few while I was stilling the molt. I'll take a few more when it has fully hardened up.

Last night before molting.

About an hour ago.

And here is a close up of the abdomen. Wow, I was blown away.

louise f

Arachnoangel
My B.vagans has been in heavy pre-molt for a while now. Last night I took some photos before bed and this morning it was all molted. It still needs to harden some more but I couldn't resist snapping a few while I was stilling the molt. I'll take a few more when it has fully hardened up.

Last night before molting.

About an hour ago.

And here is a close up of the abdomen. Wow, I was blown away.

Sweeeet. No wonder why you were blown away, that is gorgeous.:)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Here are a few more photos I snapped recently.
I have 4 G.pulchripes that could pop any day.

B.smithi #2 is getting there.

Here is one of C.cyaneopubescens #3 (which I hope is a girl)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I know you guys are going to get tired of seeing this B.vagans but I had to post this one. I hear a lot of B.vagans jokes but this is a gorgeous tarantula.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My A.amazonica molted a few weeks ago and was close to the entrance of it's enclosure. I thought I'd grab some photos of it while I had the chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.