tree frig has prolapse

toenailsoup

Arachnopeon
cuban tree frog has a prolspse i put her in warm sugar water and it went back in and then it went back in and earlier today it popped out again and i dont have enough money to go to the vet is there anything else i can do

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight
I've heard of KY working. Definitely keep it moist. You should really take it to a vet, or at least call one for guidance, if the prolapse doesn't go away. Prolapse is a serious issue. The tissue is at risk of necrosis and infection.
How's your credit? Care Credit is a credit card that can be used for medical expenses, both for you and for veterinary costs. Some vets, especially emergency vet hospitals, can do an instant request and you can pay with the new account right away when the system gives you an account number. You might also be able to sign up online.

toenailsoup

Arachnopeon
I've heard of KY working. Definitely keep it moist. You should really take it to a vet, or at least call one for guidance, if the prolapse doesn't go away. Prolapse is a serious issue. The tissue is at risk of necrosis and infection.
How's your credit? Care Credit is a credit card that can be used for medical expenses, both for you and for veterinary costs. Some vets, especially emergency vet hospitals, can do an instant request and you can pay with the new account right away when the system gives you an account number. You might also be able to sign up online.
i dont have a job yet so i dont have a credit and my mom doesnt have enough to pay but it went back in and i inspected her some more and next to the cloacal opening is kinda split but i put her in a seperate tank for her to heal

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
Unfortunately prolapses tend to be a reoccurring problem and the prognosis is usually poor. Obviously a vet trip is preferred but given your situation palliative care is the only option. I would keep your frog is a simple setup with moist paper towels as a substrate and a few fake plants that can be easily cleaned and disinfected. Provide a bowl with clean water daily. Should a prolapse occur you can soak your frog in a solution of honey and water. Honey has antimicrobial properties and is a better choice than sugar. Good luck.