Treating for termites.

robogun14

Arachnopeon
As a college student, I live with my parents and recently our house is going to be treated for termites. My only question is, are the insecticides that are going to be sprayed into our walls and ceiling going to affect my two tarantulas? I have a juvenile B. boehmei and a GBB sling, they both reside on a shelf in my closet but the entire house is going to get treated. Should I just find someone to house them for a couple of weeks or should my tarantulas be okay in my room?

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It depends on what you mean by "treating" for termites. If they are tenting the house for a whole-house treatment, get them out of there! The entire house is about to become a toxic wasteland and all pets should be removed.

On the other hand, if they're spot-treating with heat or with poisons that are injected into the wood (and the treated area is not near the room with your spiders) they should be fine. (Injected directly into the wood is not the same as sprayed into wall cavities, attics, or crawl spaces. Any large area spraying has the potential to spread to other areas, in which case your spiders are better off somewhere else for a while.)

robogun14

Arachnopeon
It depends on what you mean by "treating" for termites. If they are tenting the house for a whole-house treatment, get them out of there! The entire house is about to become a toxic wasteland and all pets should be removed.

On the other hand, if they're spot-treating with heat or with poisons that are injected into the wood (and the treated area is not near the room with your spiders) they should be fine. (Injected directly into the wood is not the same as sprayed into wall cavities, attics, or crawl spaces. Any large area spraying has the potential to spread to other areas, in which case your spiders are better off somewhere else for a while.)
Thank you very much!!!

slink

Arachnopeon
As a college student, I live with my parents and recently our house is going to be treated for termites. My only question is, are the insecticides that are going to be sprayed into our walls and ceiling going to affect my two tarantulas? I have a juvenile B. boehmei and a GBB sling, they both reside on a shelf in my closet but the entire house is going to get treated. Should I just find someone to house them for a couple of weeks or should my tarantulas be okay in my room?
Well, isn't it overpriced? There are a lot of way how you can do it even without 3rd party companies https://xtermites.com/kill-termites-with-the-best-tools.html :) But it's totally up to you mate :)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I am paranoid, so I would find somewhere else for them to go for a bit.