Trapdoor Spiders

Frazier_05

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,
I have read a few things on Trapdoor Spiders, but they all say the same thing. I would like some real advice on keeping Trapdoor's. I would like to know all captive requirements and anything else that a beginning Trapdoor keeper should know. Thanks for all your help.

Brett

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
trapdoor

I have never kept trapdoors but I would think a thin frame type of enclosure would be a start. Filled with peat moss/potting soil substrate. The front and back being so close together would allow you to see the spider in it's burrow. Like you can in an ant farm. Keep us posted on what you do as this sounds interesting. ;)

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brian S said:
I have never kept trapdoors but I would think a thin frame type of enclosure would be a start. Filled with peat moss/potting soil substrate. The front and back being so close together would allow you to see the spider in it's burrow. Like you can in an ant farm. Keep us posted on what you do as this sounds interesting. ;)
i agree. i don't think they have special requialments other then room temp. and that they need to borrow.

Frazier_05

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks to all that posted. Oh by the way WithCerberus that was a page I haven't ran across yet and was 10 times as informative as the rest. Thanks for the input Cichlidsman and Brian S and you better believe I will keep you all informed. It's mainly just a side project in my head but I'm moving closer everyday and really hope to get everything in motion by the end of the week. I plan on ordering sometime early next week. But I'm really excited about my Asian Forest, which will be here tomorrow. Oh, WithCerberus, Cichlidsman, and Brian, what all inverts do you guys possess?

Brett

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I possess 3 emp scorpions, a. versicolor sling and a greenbottle blue. However, I plan on expanding my collection soon to get back the way it used to be.