Trapdoor spider help needed quick!

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
I'm at a reptile expo and I see a trapdoor that I really want. Thing is that there's no Latin or common name plus I'm a bit hesitant because I know their bite packs a punch and they can be quick. I have a few Ts and jumping spiders but this is different. What do you guys think? Should I acquire more experience with Ts? I have a B. emilia and albopilosum. C. versicolor and Hapalopus sp.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'm at a reptile expo and I see a trapdoor that I really want. Thing is that there's no Latin or common name plus I'm a bit hesitant because I know their bite packs a punch and they can be quick. I have a few Ts and jumping spiders but this is different. What do you guys think? Should I acquire more experience with Ts? I have a B. emilia and albopilosum. C. versicolor and Hapalopus sp.
It's extremely easy to NOT get bit off a trapdoor. If you like it buy it.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
They are really really boring, lol.

dont feed em too much or you'll satiate them for months and never see them

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Waste of money imo. They are really cool looking spiders - IF you ever get to see them. Mine spent all his time in his burrow. I never even got to see him snatch up a cricket. They're so vibration-sensitive that they know when you're around and remain hidden until you've gone. Mine could feel me walking into the room and opening the cage to drop in feeders, and he'd wait hours before feeding. The only times I ever saw him was when I first purchased him (before he'd dug his new burrow), when I dug him out once to show my students, and when he died.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
I found out the vendor ships so I'm going to do a little more research on the matter before making my decision. He didn't know the scientific or common name so I'm kind of at a loss as to where to start. He told me that it was the found found in Texas... that's all he could give me...can anyone help me out with such arbitrary info? I would love a trapdoor but I know I need to know more about them.

arachnoherp

Arachnosquire
Try to get a picture of it, generally most trapdoor species have similar if not same care.

Daniel Edwards

Arachnoknight
What vendor? My experience is they hide and burrow 99.9% of the time. Vile, nasty aggressive when confronted, but still cool for the credit

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
I tried to get a pic from the vendor but they sold it after I left the event :( Oh well, better luck next time.