1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion TQD Posts by newbies

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by Teal, May 12, 2019.

1. Teal

Teal Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Advertisement
    Is there a way we can set it up so that brand new accounts making posts like "Help, my T is doing/not doing this/that" HAVE to include photos in the post? Just seems like it might save some time for all of us asking for photos, and get help to the spider faster.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    Thanks for the suggestion. :)

There is no way to force it. However, it is suggested in the welcome to arachnoboards post. (Under the "Some General Notes on Posting", the 6th bulletin - last sentence).

Debby

3. docwade87

docwade87 Arachnosquire Active Member

If only they would do their part, search the forums especially the welcome threads....before posting...

4. Thekla

Thekla Arachnoangel Active Member

I was just about to suggest something similar. It's kinda tiring to always ask for pictures when you just want to help. ;)

1. Is it possible to make that suggestion in the welcome thread bold? To make it more visible?
    2. Maybe the same suggestion for posting pictures could be included in the new beginner thread (http://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantula-information-for-beginners-and-more.318718/) right at the top somewhere?

5. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    1. I compromised and underlined it. Not making it bold though, as it is a mere suggestion and not a rule. ;)
    2. I see what you are saying here, but I will leave that up to @Ungoliant , as she is the mastermind behind that awesome thread. Although I will say that I am not sure I see the purpose of having the same thing in multiple locations on the website. We want to streamline, not clutter. :)

Debby

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

But, my dear Debby, the more you streamline, the greater the opportunity for us to clutter. I think it's called the wretched mess phenomenon. It must occur, a natural law of the universe. The delicate balance between chaos and entropy.

7. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

My initial thought is that if people aren't already reading pinned threads and/or using the search feature, adding it to another pinned thread is not likely to make much of a difference, but I will consider it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Dry Desert

Dry Desert Arachnobaron Active Member

UK
    Any " newbie " that thinks they have problems with their creature is not going to wade through a mass of pinned threads, they are going to bang in a post, out of desperation, with or without pictures. It is unfortunately one of life's little problems we have to live with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thekla

Thekla Arachnoangel Active Member

I'm totally aware that pinned threads are rarely read, unfortunately. I'm a moderator myself on a German forum, and we've got the same problems. :rolleyes:

I was suggesting to include the plea for pictures in the new beginner thread because that thread is linked quite often and will hopefully be read more than other pinned threads. ;)

10. Teal

Teal Arachnoemperor Old Timer

I'm talking about making it a requirement in the post the new person is trying to make... not a thread for them to read, because we know that doesn't happen.

How about when someone creates a new account, they have to upload photos? I don't know. Something. Lol

11. lostbrane

lostbrane Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Sure but is the forum that malleable? And what would be the requirements; post count + buzz words in thread title for a filter? I’m sure many would still make it through that way.

I guess what I am trying to say is how could that be implemented in such a way that either doesn’t fail miserably or go too far?