Totally Bummed - Stillborn H. longimanus

lhoy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Last night while doing my typical staring at my creatures for a minute, I noticed a couple of weird white things in my H. longimanus' enclosure. I suspected the female was gravid, but my first thought last night was maybe it was larvae of something that came in on the crickets I fed them.

I got my tweezers and retrieved them both. I don't have my digital camera at home, but they are definitely young that don't appear to be fully developed. There were only two and so I assume if there were more they were eaten, or maybe she still has some young to go (hoping so). This would have been my first young and I am very dissapointed. I was looking forward to raising some scorplings.

Wondered if anyone else has ever had stillborn scorplings? Is feeding a gravid female a problem? I have no idea what might have happened?

Thanks for listening,

Lee Hoy
Georgetown, TX

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
i found a related thread and posted it in my "stillborn" thread a few threads below this one...didn't really get any responses though :( still tryin to decide if I should seperate the females for a little while (B. jacksoni's) in case the other two are gravid as well. underdeveloped/stillborn is apparently due to stress...but as far as what kind caused it, i don't know. sorry to hear you had the same problem as I...I think mine had about 10-12 of em, but she prob ate some before i got home from work