TOPIC: Scorpion Enclosures

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Male H. Spinifer (named "Shaider") Enclosure. {D and planning to add a female soon.
Outside the Tank

Top View

Substrate is Potting Soil with White Sand (Around 20%), Moss and a Cork Bark. :)

Juliancito

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Kean
That's a nice set up.......what is the sand looking thing on the red cap?
oh..and what kind of live plant do you use ?
Thanks

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Keen, I'd be suprised if your spinny will take those mealies from there, does he?

Julian looks like a natural sponge to me

ps- Awesome looking set up kean.

ParabuthusKing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P. Transvallicus Enclosure

I am new to P. transvallicus enclosures as well. I just got some info I think is valuable so I will pass along. Get some "Pavers pac" or some material similar to this. It has higher clay content so scorpions can actually dig a burrow. Mix ~ 10% coconut fiber in to help with structure and moisture. Wet to clumpy consistency, pack into enclosure and decorate the way you want. Let cage dry so as to have hardened substrate.intorduce scorpion. I just got some new cages so I can try this with my P. transvallicus. Let me know what you think, and I will tell you how it works for me in a week when my new setup is all done.:evil:

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@ Juliancito

Thanks!! That is just plain white sand, just to add some color on his water dish, and to make it more shallow. Those are not live plants those are just plain potting moss/moss, that is what we call it here. I use them just to add some design and to keep more moisture.

@ ScorpDude

Thanks!! In fact he does get his food in there, but it is rare now. Since i fed him crickets, he lost the appetite in eating those worms.

But my girlfriends scorp still gets her food in that ceramic container, still has the appetite for worms. And is a big eater, eating one almost every other day, maybe her scorp just wanna grow fast. Her scorp is still a juvenile while mine is already an adult.

darrelldlc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ParabuthusKing said:
I am new to P. transvallicus enclosures as well. I just got some info I think is valuable so I will pass along. Get some "Pavers pac" or some material similar to this. It has higher clay content so scorpions can actually dig a burrow. Mix ~ 10% coconut fiber in to help with structure and moisture. Wet to clumpy consistency, pack into enclosure and decorate the way you want. Let cage dry so as to have hardened substrate.intorduce scorpion. I just got some new cages so I can try this with my P. transvallicus. Let me know what you think, and I will tell you how it works for me in a week when my new setup is all done.:evil:
Hi and for the record what he means is "paver base" it is excellent stuff and can be found at Home Depot or lowes usually. and I got the info thanks to Kugellager. Thank you Kugellager from Darrell.
Cordially

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A few updates.

My shelving unit with everything in it.(top: 5gal hex w/ 3 C. Vittatus, 5gal w/P. Trans. 2nd down: 5gal w/ 1 C. Gracilis, ExoTerra small w/ 2 C. Margaritatus, 3 small Kritter keepers with: gravid C. Vittatus, A. Seeamani and juvie C. Gracilis.
2nd Down: 10 gal w/ H. Spadix, 2.5gal w/ Rosie.
Bottom: extra keepers, rocks, lights, various things.

H. Spadix tank. Black sand with peat mix (70/30 or so), He has completely buried the one piece of driftwood thats on the left.

Exo Terra small tank w/ 2 male C. Margaritatus. Nice and dense, with lots of vertical places. They generally dont spend time near each other.

reacka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this is my setupt. i have 5 emps and one C. gracilis. i keep the room heated with a space heater, but i might have to change that due to bills.
setup.jpg

this is for one emp, very mean.
100_0096.jpg

C. gracilis... only one for now.
100_0098.jpg

reacka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Both of these hold two emps each. i tore the screen lid out of the 20L and used silicon to glue in a polycarbonate top with some drilled holes on one end and the other 20% screen for ventillation. sometimes i have to use plastic wrap for humidity.
100_0104.jpg

100_0105.jpg
100_0107.jpg

two more emps in here... they both use the hide at the bottom left
100_0101.jpg
100_0100.jpg

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
packed everything ...

recently reshouse some of my stuuf and packed them up now since i have the chance cos before i was using a computer table..

http://individualistic.multiply.com/photos/photo/25/27.jpg

the biggest on the right is the female spinifers with 2 of its 2nd instar scoplings, the center big tank is the male, which i hope to reunite the female with and save some space by doing withouit the buiggest tanks so that the containers in front of the big tank (3rdinstar spinifer scorplings) can have some better place /new enclouses when they stepinto 4th instar.

extreme left is a B.boehmei, and below the male spinifer tank is an enclousre with 5 mesobuthus tamulus. hiding thoir rock piles.. :p beside is Lychas scutilus, one male and one gravid female. on top are two Chaerilus rectimanus.

to the messy left side include tailesswhips, whipscorpions, tarantulas,trapdoor,pedes...etc..

extreme bottom left is a small "greenhouse for breeding mealworms (which they are now) and extreme right bottom a colony of roaches. :)

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The first has a large female emp on the left and a unsexed spinifer on the right

On the left Hadogenus paucidens large female and on the right unsexed Hadrurus Arizonensis adult

Sub adult spinifer on the left, sub adult Hadrurus Spadix on right

Adult Hadogenus Paucidens male

themowingmonk

Arachnopeon
My Scorp Cage

Well heres my set up for my emperor scorp. pretty basic but get the job done.
A small herp haven breeder box. Cocnut fiber bedding, water dish and half log with a piece of a plantic plant to add a little color to the cage.

The Bottom right one with the black lid is my scorp, my space efficient Dorm room set up.

Last edited:

MattM

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Current setup:

Nice and tidy :)
The cage is for my gf's hamsters :eek: