1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOPIC: Scorpion Enclosures

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by skinheaddave, Jul 8, 2004.

1. micjoe

micjoe Arachnoknight Old Timer

Advertisement
    My 20 gallon set up- with my EMP, and Baby

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  2. TheNothing

TheNothing Arachnoprince Old Timer

whats the stuff in the water dish?!?

3. Arlius

Arlius Arachnodemon Old Timer

kinda looks like aquarium floss...

4. micjoe

its like a fiber cotton, so scorption dont drown, like a spongue, but i use cotton.

5. micjoe

org. i use to use just water, PETCO said use a spongue or some fiber cotton, or acquarium cotton.

6. Kaos

Kaos Arachnolord

Hi,

You should remove the cotton, it is only a source for bacteria growth. The scorpion will not drown, Pandinus Imperator actually loves to submerge themselves in water. One of min stayed under water for over 10 minutes once. I wonder where the pet shops got the idea that scorps and tarantulas needs sponges to drink from without drowning :? :?

7. port513

port513 Arachnosquire Old Timer

Maybe they think of crickets ;) Crickets can drown in no water at all ;)

8. micjoe

i acutally thought it was a good idea, with my little babies not drowning, but since they are all gone, i can remove the cotton, i see some people use spongues, and cotton, i change the cotton every 2 days, but if not needed will discard.

9. prang11

prang11 Arachnobaron Old Timer

Well, I decided to finally bust out the old digi cam and take a few pics of my current setups.

First I have my tank with 5 Centruroides vittatus on the left and 3 Vaejovis spinigerus on the right.

Second is my tank with 1 Hadrurus arizonensis pallidus on the left and 1 Hadrurus arizonensis on the right.

The third enclosure is the one who started it all. Garth the emp lives there.

Forth pic is just of my overall setup. Good old fireplace mantle.

Attached Files:

10. Black Hawk

Black Hawk Arachnolord Old Timer

here are my enclosures at the moment, keep in mind the adult famale on the Lizard Litter is being moved along with the other emps into a 10 gal with soil, moss, and vermiculate. she won't be stuck on that junk for long ;) . here they are...
    first: emp enclosure
    second: my two H. arizonis, also thinking of putting them in a divided 10g...
    third and fourth: both juv. emps are like this more or less..
    enjoy!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  11. TheNothing

Vaejovis carolinianus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    medium keeper, potting soil, repti-bark on half, dried leaves on the other half...
    houses four 3-4th instar V. carolinianus

12. Fluid Filter

Fluid Filter Arachnoknight Old Timer

A 5 gallon for two of my Smeringerus vachoni with a divider since they don't play nice. I put the gravel on the bottom for a bit of humidity under the sand, though i probably didn't have to. In this pic the sand was still drying, its not nearly as wet now.

Attached Files:

• 5gal.jpg
      5gal.jpg
      File size:
      90.1 KB
      Views:
  13. Fluid Filter

Thanks
    Nah, its just a tool box. Iv been thinking of making some sort of cabinet so i can put my 10 gal emp. setup on top with an enclosed shelf underneath so i can get those desert scorps nicn toasty without using mega wattage. Seems like most of the heat from that ceramic goes straight up.

14. Tityus

Tityus Arachnobaron Old Timer

I finally have my own scorpio room :)

We've just moved house and I now have my own scorpio room

Here are some pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Fluid Filter

:clap: Wow, it must be nice...
    What is that your using for heating?
    Do you have an enclosure for show?

16. TheNothing

I want the poster!

i'm moving in 2 weeks and will have a spare room for scorpions and a few reptiles as well... We're going to be heating the whole room and just a couple low-watt heat lamps for those that need basking space...

Looks like you're using heat tape... no?

17. Tityus

Tityus Arachnobaron Old Timer

It's a 100 Watt heating cable.

18. prang11

prang11 Arachnobaron Old Timer

Very nice room. Lucky guy. I was thinking of converting my closet into my scorp room. Gotta save some cash though to do it.

19. cacoseraph

cacoseraph ArachnoGod Old Timer

heat transfers by convection thru the air almost straight up, if their is no air currents. but after a little bit, it will make thermal currents in the air... but yes, most of the heat goes straight up

if you want hear to go sideways significantly you have to conduct it through metal. oh, and aluminum is almost and insulator, and iron and copper are good conductors, i think

20. TheNothing

[​IMG]
    (click for big)

This started out as two pictures because i hadn't thought of taking just one

It is a split 10gallon tank (center dividing plexiglass not pictured) that houses my H. arizonensis (left) and C. gracilis (right)

H.a. substrate reptisand and crushed walnut shells
    C.g. substrate shred-a-beast and large hunk of driftwood that has plenty of hides for her