TOP 20 largest Tarantulas???

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yeah but a 13" T Apothysis Tarantula.. is bigger then a 12" skinny huntsman spider... =/ and True T Blondie can get 12" this is true
a 12" Huntsman spider is very big though!!! Lol leggy
there could be many Undiscovered spcies of Ts.. that get 11-13"+

synyster

Arachnobaron
Yeah but a 13" T Apothysis Tarantula.. is bigger then a 12" skinny huntsman spider...
What part did you not get in

And I have heard of the infamous 13" Theraphosa apophysis but there has been no recorded proof or evidence that it really exisited

Unless someone has a non-photoshopped picture of a full 13" Theraphosa apophysis, this is just an urban legend...

EDIT: You have to be careful about info found on the net, you could end up getting answers like these!!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_the_biggest_tarantula_species_ever_recorded_in_history

rofl

Last edited:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

FireGuyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The Pamphobeteus antinous can get as large as to 8-10 inches. The Pamphobeteus nigriclor can grow get as large as 7-9 inches As a matter fact almost all Pamphobeteus tarantulas are very large.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
true 13" spiders are kind of legends but the 13" T apothysis was said to be a male.. wild females could grow larger. or just max at 12-12.5" and look bigger

until I see proof I guess its just a LEgend.. Hoping to be found:biggrin:
12" T Blondie is largest commonly known T

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
are you sure??? Ive read so many caresheets that say they get up to 11" max
LP is Regarded as the worlds 3rd largest T I thought..
wild bloodlines could be larger btw..
H Hercules Gets 10"
King baboon 8-9"

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well alot of people say that it only gets 10...im sure 11 does happen, and im sure in the wild eating whatever they come acoss, they may go bigger...but from everything i have seen, they get 10 max...and most caresheets on the web are crap...they seem to all copy off one another...notice almost all of them have the same wording...
are you sure??? Ive read so many caresheets that say they get up to 11" max
LP is Regarded as the worlds 3rd largest T I thought..
wild bloodlines could be larger btw..
H Hercules Gets 10"
King baboon 8-9"

sweetypie

Arachnoknight
I'm offering a positive YES to 3 personal giants of the collection.
- Theraphosa stirmi 9" easy and still growing (and a ridiculously big "fang" size).
- Pamphobeteus antinous 8" and still growing
- Lasiodara parahybana 8" and still growing

..for an arboreal, I'd say Poecilotheria ornata is up there on the arboreal list.

synyster

Arachnobaron
well alot of people say that it only gets 10...im sure 11 does happen, and im sure in the wild eating whatever they come acoss, they may go bigger...but from everything i have seen, they get 10 max...and most caresheets on the web are crap...they seem to all copy off one another...notice almost all of them have the same wording...
Agreed. I wasn't saying it was impossible for a LP to reach 11, but I just have yet to see one, like many others here...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yep....maybe they do when they eat mice and lizards alot..but its not worth risking to find out..id prefer 20 more years of having that tarantula to 2 more growth inches...
Agreed. I wasn't saying it was impossible for a LP to reach 11, but I just have yet to see one, like many others here...

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yeah its a fact,, but its not worth feeding them VIpers & the crazy STUFF the eat in the wild.. trust me.. not worth it stick with 10" spiders!!LOL:eek:
You seen the LP eating a Fer De-lance viper on youtube yet??? crazy!!!

Last edited:

mtyrrell

Arachnopeon
Phormictopus Cancerides these can get very large i have a af i would guess is atleast 8"

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yeah I got two slings of P Concerities ! fringers crossed for a female LOL!! they get 8-9" HUGE!!

fartbreath

Arachnopeon
A beginner's lineup

I am just a newbie when it comes to T's and I think one of the biggest tarantulas is Nhandu Chromatus. It's a bird-eater, right?

synyster

Arachnobaron
I am just a newbie when it comes to T's and I think one of the biggest tarantulas is Nhandu Chromatus. It's a bird-eater, right?
They do become fairly large, but to answer the question, too many tarantulas are considered "bird-eaters", and that is just a name that people attirbute to large spider. Technically, you can call whatever you want a bird-eater, and in the end, the scientific name will win. ;)

I like Holothele incei, the trinidad olive gold bird's egg-eater ;P Mine are all cricket-eaters though...

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Nhando Cromatis better get large I got a female.. hope it gets 7" plus
my N coloratovilousus is only 5" very dissapointed on its small size.. maybe its not a Mature female yet!!!!
my G Rosea is bigger,, then B vagans , Texas tan & N coloratovilousus 5.5-6" G rosea!@!!
MOnster Rose