Top 10 'Fast Growing' Tarantulas?

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pamphobeteus species grow quickly.
Also in my experience G iheringi and G actaeon grow pretty quick and they are a little more beginner friendly

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know about LP, they seem to grow pretty slowly... it seems like I only have slow growing NW species. OW is on a whole other level.
P.murinus 1.0 has da "hooks", and they mature so fast that, again, even old good Ray (Charles) would spot the sex in a so very short amount of time without the need to "Sherlock" the exuvia.
I don't know, I've now seen two MM for sale as 'unsexed'. :rolleyes:

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
IME L.ps went from a tiny sling to 5" in a year,My X.immanis male is taking forever to grow,even though I'm power feeding him,and Phormicticus and Pamphos grow fast to about 3" or so,then slow down,taking another 2 years to mature(females).GBB's are some of the coolest slings to raise,it's almost a shame they grow as fast as they do.MY $.02

Yobel

Arachnopeon
Thank you guys for all the tips! Now's the time to decide from all those tarantulas that are mentioned:D;)

DeadlyGecko101

Arachnopeon
Phormictopus genera put on a lot of size between molts. The same can also be said for OBT, Tapi's, and Psalmopoeus genus. I just picked up these 4 species very recently. Only a matter of time before the molts start breaking out and they get bigger... and bigger... and bigger :)

Jarrod B

Arachnopeon
wow!! my P. Cambridgei just molted I bought her/him on 8/5/16 as a .75" sling and molted on 10-11-16 to 3" wow!!! and has its colors, little orange dashes on its toes, and awesome olive green colors!!! I love this T so much. Very Very Fast, I mean crazy fast it ran up my tongs before I could blink lol trying to get the molt so I can sex it, I will try again after it hardens up I don't want to hurt Him/Her. it went 42 days between molts. molted 8-30-16 and 10-11-16

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Just stay away from P. muticus. Slowest growing spider I've ever come across. My 4.5 inch female is 7 years old lol

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I got a .5" P. irminia sling about 4 1/2 months ago and after its most recent molt is probably around 3 inches now. About to rehouse it very soon. Crazy fast growers and they increase in size a ton when they molt.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I got a .5" P. irminia sling about 4 1/2 months ago and after its most recent molt is probably around 3 inches now. About to rehouse it very soon. Crazy fast growers and they increase in size a ton when they molt.
Same with P.pulcher. Saw one of them coming out after molting last week...it has doubled and then some in size! I think my GBB was jealous, it molted yesterday :p

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Xenesthis immanis grows pretty quick to...
Agreed, molt frequency I give a 7. But the size difference between molts is mind boggling. Almost double their size or more with every molt as slings

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Irminia, versi, and elegans off the top of my head. Another I can think of is gigas. Plenty of food, water, and proper temps do wonders for almost any T. One that threw me for a loop was B. Smithi. above conditions was all it took.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
My E. Sp. "Red" T's have went from 0.3" all the way up to 1/3" in just a few months.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I will be buying some species of tarantulas that are relatively fast growing, however, I only know about the Acanthoscurria geniculata and Lasiodora parahybana. Can you please suggest your top 10 or if not just a handful of species list in your own experience/opinion. Thank you very much:D:D:D
P regalis, p irmina, nhando chromatis, l klugi is fast, p striata.P camrbrigei, tappys, your better off searching slow growth ones . They are long lived and fast growing Ts are probably more prevalent in hobby . Obt is my favorite smaller T not a dwarf but so cool. Maybe wait til I had some more fast Ts first.
I did-same things try and get a good mix of fast and slow growth species. I wish I gotten more king baboons and ananophelma Rather then almost all fast growers.
Prepare a large space for your spiders , tony slings as adults take up ton of room.

I don't know about LP, they seem to grow pretty slowly... it seems like I only have slow growing NW species. OW is on a whole other level.

I don't know, I've now seen two MM for sale as 'unsexed'. :rolleyes:
There growth is based on appetite I’ve seen some grow slowly others are 6” in a year or two .

Last edited by a moderator:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yeah i remember, hehe yup they grow like weeds friend. :D I am crossing my fingers for that you are luckier than i was and you get at least one girlie ;):)
It is a lovely species <3
They matured male within 10 months :rofl: Little pipe cleaner legs

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Pamphobeteus sp Goliath

P vittata

P murinus

P Cambridgei

Hapalopus sp columbia

Besides the Goliath and vittata, they all went from sling to mm in a year or less. They are all males with the vittata and pamphobeteus being the only ones that haven’t matured yet, which I expect for the vittata next molt.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I see others already mentioned the OBT -- that's the fastest growing T I ever heard of. From sling to MM -- they mature way faster than I could learn or gain any serious OW experience.
P cambri came in a close second with that sling to MM trick. Fast spiders = fast growth?

[and yet another resurrected thread I am posting in....]