Too much caffine?

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ok, I've seen this twice now...what's with scorps twitching and fidgeting? Is it a stress thing? I assume that it is, but I want to be sure as I'm a noob. Just putting the claws out in an almost "flexing" position and kind of twitching? I threw another hide in there, though neither have used it yet...

N.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Is the scorpion twitching its whole body? There is a behaviour called judering that involves the rapid twitching of the whole body.

Cheers,
Dave

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
Is the scorpion twitching its whole body? There is a behaviour called judering that involves the rapid twitching of the whole body.

Cheers,
Dave
Yup, that would be it. Is that bad???

N.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Nah, just their way of getting the word out. Sometimes it is defensive and sometimes it is a male trying to court a female. I'm sure there are probably other interpretations as well.

Cheers,
Dave

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
Nah, just their way of getting the word out. Sometimes it is defensive and sometimes it is a male trying to court a female. I'm sure there are probably other interpretations as well.

Cheers,
Dave
I'm willing to bet it was defensive. I was in the tank and it tried to claw me. Shortly after it started juddering.

The same thing happened with my first scorp when the female I brought home tried to eat him. He was doing it for over an hour...Not that a blame him. If some behemoth woman tried to devour me, I'd be a little high strung, too. :mad:

I did put a half log (temporarily, till I get something that won't mold up) in there on the warmer end, so there should be less stress. They don't really use it until I disturb them, though. Most of the time they just lay around out in the open. Sleepy guys, they are. Remind me of cats...lazy and stubborn ;P

Anyway, I'm rambling...

N.