Tonkinbolus dolfusii breeding

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got 11 Tonkinbolus dolfusii two weeks ago. They're fine and eating well.
How can I breed this species? I had a breeding maybe 5 years ago, when I had a really really big group of adults...

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Millipedes' breeding conditions are basically their living conditions. Adult millipedes, healthy substrate made mostly of rotten wood and dead leaves, occasional treats of vegetables or pet food, and high humidity are the basic care for all millipedes and will also be all that is needed for breeding. If you've done it before, you can probably do it again!

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Millipedes' breeding conditions are basically their living conditions. Adult millipedes, healthy substrate made mostly of rotten wood and dead leaves, occasional treats of vegetables or pet food, and high humidity are the basic care for all millipedes and will also be all that is needed for breeding. If you've done it before, you can probably do it again!
Thanks!
They have 8cm of moist pit soil and 2cm of sphagnum moss. I feed them mainly with vegetables. What else can I give them to eat?

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Do you include dead leaves and white rotten wood in your enclosure? These are the primary food sources of millipedes; fresh plant matter is just a supplement. Fish or dog food works well as a protein boost every now and then.

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do you include dead leaves and white rotten wood in your enclosure? These are the primary food sources of millipedes; fresh plant matter is just a supplement. Fish or dog food works well as a protein boost every now and then.
Ok. I'll put dead leafs and wood inside their cages...

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Make sure the wood is from trees with leaves, not needles. Wood that is very pale and crumbly is best for them.
I'll go looking for dead trees in the nearby forest... Hope to breed them in a couple on months...

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Don't be afraid to keep the substrate deep. All millipedes like very deep substrate to molt and lay eggs. Adding some soil (though it should be heated or frozen to kill pests and all the rocks should be picked out) that is rich in plant matter, like leaf compost, gives additional nutrients to them.

You should have them breeding in a couple months! Remember, eggs are encased in the mother's feces and wood fibers, so there is no need to throw out any waste that appears. Good luck!