Today is a mixed bag

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As the title says today is a mixed bag, I've been expecting a delivery of 2 new tarantulas a Brachypelma albceps and a Theraphosinae sp cuzco so I sort of figured I'd rehouse the new additions as I fed and watered the rest of my collection.
New additions housed I turned my attention to feeding time and as I came to my 3rd enclosure containing my Acanthoscurria Antillensis juvenile the site wasn't pretty my little antillensis was dead. The thing was less than 12hrs earlier it was its normal self and that is part of the hobby that frustrates me the unpredictable nature, I could understand if it had been poorly kept but it wasn't it had just moulted and was looking good and the kicker is under examination this morning it was female so that just rubs salt in the wound

Trenor

Arachnoprince
As the title says today is a mixed bag, I've been expecting a delivery of 2 new tarantulas a Brachypelma albceps and a Theraphosinae sp cuzco so I sort of figured I'd rehouse the new additions as I fed and watered the rest of my collection.
New additions housed I turned my attention to feeding time and as I came to my 3rd enclosure containing my Acanthoscurria Antillensis juvenile the site wasn't pretty my little antillensis was dead. The thing was less than 12hrs earlier it was its normal self and that is part of the hobby that frustrates me the unpredictable nature, I could understand if it had been poorly kept but it wasn't it had just moulted and was looking good and the kicker is under examination this morning it was female so that just rubs salt in the wound
Sorry to hear your T died man. Any ideas as to what happened?

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to hear your T died man. Any ideas as to what happened?
Thanks. I've no idea what happened it moulted around 5 weeks ago and seemed fine it had eaten twice and like I said at 11pm last night it was ok then dead this morning

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Do you think something might have gone wrong internally that took a while to catch up with the specimen?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Do you think something might have gone wrong internally that took a while to catch up with the specimen?
If it did there really would be little way to know without dissecting and then you'd have to have an idea of what to look for. It's hard enough to find external problems or damage at times.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Yeah I was thinking thats maybe what's happened it was your typical Acanthoscurria sp as far as eating and everything else just a slower grower