1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today in the Spider Room?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Dovey, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Hoxter

Hoxter Arachnosquire Active Member

China
    Advertisement
    I haven't seen my P. irminia and G.pulchripes for over a month. And then suddenly they either open their hides or just come out on one day. Finally. I can't wait to see how bigger my P. irminia has become.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shawn Smith

Shawn Smith Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

My 3/4" G. pulchra has refused food for just over a month till last night. It finally ate a dead pinhead I dropped in the night before that I forgot about till this morning

3. draconisj4

draconisj4 Arachnoknight Active Member

Darn spiders...my Sericopelma sp Azuero Panana is the largest spider I have and the only one big enough eat adult male Dubia...which I have too many of. But will she? Absolutely not :banghead: She won't eat anything larger than a small Dubia or an adult red runner. I guess my isopods are going to have a feast.

4. Hoxter

China
    Sooo, about that G. pulchripes. It took a small roach and decided to disappear again. P. irminia has shown some of those cute legs, still being very shy girl. To be honest I'm starting to think about rearranging her enclosure to encourage staying outside more.

My A. seemanni sling has been working and excavating whole enclosure to the point there's almost no substrate at the bottom keeping it from falling on its head. Crazy little guy.

5. asunshinefix

asunshinefix Arachnopeon

My G. pulchra that I was worried about is doing great! Should be on track for a molt by like 2050. My E. campestratus sealed itself off in its burrow, so 2050's looking like a good year...

In other news my juvenile G. actaeon molted today, and my juvenile Nicaraguan B. albo molted a few days ago. I'm loving the warmer weather! Fingers crossed for more!

6. draconisj4

draconisj4 Arachnoknight Active Member

Checked waters this morning, it was going well...pretty much just topping off as everyone had a clean dish until I got to this guy....I just cleaned his dish last night o_O
    L. klugi water dish woes.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Hoxter

China
    Rearranged old home for my P. irminia so she could feel more secure inside and encourage spending time outside of her hide. I can't believe people say these tarantulas can be such devils. She almost didnt move, just sat on her cork bark which I took out and placed in catch cup. Sweetheart

8. Willa

Willa Arachnopeon

My B. albo has bulldozed all the substrate in his hide and has been dragging webbed up sub all around the enclosure. Seems happy with the rearrangement! It wanted more sub on top of the hide.
    pp.jpg 59796213_392053488302285_2765217915031519232_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marika

Marika Arachnobaron Active Member

Finland
    No today but yesterday, my juvenile female G. actaeon was roaming around her enclosure and drumming a little every now and then. So adorable :D

10. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

@cold blood Sometimes when we boot up the computer, Squirt (my mature female Psalmopoeus cambridgei) drums on the glass in response. I'd been hearing about this from my husband for a while, but I heard it for the first time the other day.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Myers

Myers Arachnopeon

UK
    After almost 2 weeks of everyone sealing their hides there has been movement this morning my Davus pentaloris had dumped its molt outside it's hide.

Attached Files:

12. MintyWood826

MintyWood826 Arachnobaron Active Member

USA
    I fed superworms for the first time.
    Also, my B. albo sling stayed out for a while after I took the lid off instead of instantly disappearing.
    20190516_191319-1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Marika

Marika Arachnobaron Active Member

Finland
    My A. bicoloratum sling molted yesterday :)

• Like Like x 2