Today in the Spider Room?

Thekla

Arachnoprince
My B. albopilosum tried to hide the evidence of her excavations behind the leaves...
20190321_Excavations1.jpg

... but I found it anyway. :p
20190321_Excavations2.jpg

She clearly thought she was being clever. :rolleyes:

SavageCritter

Arachnopeon
7 spiderlings arrived in good health, and are now in fresh enclosures! The P. everetti molted in the mail, but I just unrolled the paper towel and left it laying there like a little hammock, and all seems well.

2 out of the 3 P. irminia slings yote themselves out of their paper tube prisons with great enthusiasm, which is about what I have come to expect :rolleyes: The 3rd was so suspiciously well-behaved that I was afraid it was DOA, but it crawled off in its own time.

The spider room officially has spiders in it, now :D

Minty

@londontarantulas
7 spiderlings arrived in good health, and are now in fresh enclosures! The P. everetti molted in the mail, but I just unrolled the paper towel and left it laying there like a little hammock, and all seems well.

2 out of the 3 P. irminia slings yote themselves out of their paper tube prisons with great enthusiasm, which is about what I have come to expect :rolleyes: The 3rd was so suspiciously well-behaved that I was afraid it was DOA, but it crawled off in its own time.

The spider room officially has spiders in it, now :D
What does 'yote' mean?

SavageCritter

Arachnopeon
In this context, "flung". Past tense of "yeet", which is a dance that went viral, but has also become a common way to describe something flinging itself from a height with abandon. Blame me being Very Online for knowing this :embarrassed:

(Whether the past tense of "yeet" is in fact "yote", "yate", or "yeeted" is a topic of hot debate...)

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Fed my A. chalcodes yesterday a pretty tiny cricket and she about rolled over she went so Die Hard attacking it. No foolin' man, she's a maniac.

SavageCritter

Arachnopeon

Barry67

Arachnopeon
Today i got my Avicularia sp kwitara and moved from the shipping package into the spiders new home within two minutes of being in the new environment the spider moved to the water bowl, i then fed the spider a cricket.
20190323_120405.jpg 20190323_162654.jpg

Last edited:

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Was doing the morning rounds of the collection and found one of my Heteropoda boiei sitting on a sack. That makes one Sparassid and one Ctenid with sacks right now.

Minty

@londontarantulas
P ornata sling bolted on me when I went to feed it, managed to catch Cup it within a few seconds, thankfully.

Marika

Arachnoangel
Gave my Ts new water dishes and fed my tiny true spider (found it on the floor last fall and it was too cold to put it outside).

G. rosea sling was busy bulldozing last night. I'm not sure what she was doing, looked like she was just moving substrate from point A to point B (instead of making a burrow or something). Well, it was cute anyway.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
And this is why I usually house feisty little baboons in larger than needed enclosures. Little bugger made a break for it as soon as I started to take off the lid and I had to stand there with the lid barely propped on for a couple of minutes until it moved because its feet were over the rim. evidently it forgot it was supposed to run into its burrow, not out of it o_O I guess it will have to wait for its dinner. Thankfully it still has water.
C. marshalli #3 feeding fail.jpg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
After having a terrible dream involving tarantula deaths, I turn the light on to find my G. rosea with three suspiciously curled legs. Groggy and a little freaked out I panicked and nudged her enclosure and she did the little T panic dance of "Oh holy heck the ground is moving!"

She's fine.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Scared the crap out of my G. rosea this morning. I nudged her enclosure and she turned into an OBT for a split second, raced to the other side of the enclosure, threat posed, and then did nothing.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Was about to head outside when I heard a noise from the spider cabinet. Looking around the enclosures I then hear it again. It was the P. irminia taking the water dish hostage.