Today in the Spider Room?

Major 78

Arachnosquire
No spiders in my bedro... I mean spider room yet... Except that cute little wild jumper, he just walks around my room. idk where he is though... I think he migrated to my sisters room. I only have mantids at the moment, but have 2 tarantulas coming next week hopefully. A N. Incei and a Nhandu Chromatus.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
My B. albopilosum sling has been building a escape ramp hill that touches the lid of its deli cup. If it keeps excavating like this I wonder if it will have any open space (that's not tunnels) left by its next molt. :D

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just make sure you use that stuff outside or in a very well ventilated area. I use it myself, but those fumes can't be healthy. ;)
Not surprised by that in the least^^ Here's hoping I'll have a couple of mild winter days then.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
One of the mascara finally molted! I’m surprised it’s already starting to get its adult coloration! It’s a male, but hopefully one of the other two are female!

51D87142-3F3F-4743-8446-26AA730D2262.jpeg

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
The only news I have from over the holidays is my LP is in pre-moult, and I bought two 5cm-ish juvenile Ts from a local pet store (a good, old, independent one BTW, and the place I got my first 12 years ago) - an A.geniculata and a B.hamorii.

Hoping the LP puts on some size after the moult, and starts staying out in the open more. Its currently about 8cm leg span, very fat, and lives almost 100% in a tunnel it dug.

I'm still waiting for a moult from my 3cm GBB sling. I've had it nearly 3 months so it must be due soon... I thought they where fast growing!

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
Well, today was the day the LP moulted, and as an extra suprise, so did my GBB! LP rehouse this weekend then...

dmac

Arachnopeon
Took some pics while feeding the kids.

Abary, the Goliath "Bird-eater" (T. stirmi):
IMG_20190104_203646_228.jpg

And Indah, the actual bird eater:
20190104_202936.jpg
Indah is a Blood Python and was never too excited about rodents. So, we tried chicks and she's been ravenous ever since.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
I am happy to say, that after a little over two months, my C. lividus has finally started to burrow.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I did 5 rehouses today...L. klugi, G. pulchripes, P. auratus,, T. ockerti and C. marshalli. All pretty uneventful until I got to the C. marshalli. It was determined to not move and opted to try to kill that straw that kept bugging it. It was still in its 4x4 AMAC box and while I could drop a catch cup over it I had no room to slide anything under it. The little bugger is now in its new home but it took longer than the other 4 combined. The straw is now deceased, lol.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
This morning, Genicula (Acanthoscurria geniculata) fell into his water dish, sat in it for a bit while looking confused, climbed out, and then kicked hairs at the water dish.

Because it's definitely the water dish's fault that he fell into it.

Marika

Arachnoangel
I miss my pulchra, lol. She's been hiding for 2.5 months now. I know it's completely normal, but she hasn't done it before...

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
sp. ‘cascada’ gave me a threat posture, first threat posture from any Pampho I’ve ever owned. I’m shook

WhiskeyR0SE

Arachnopeon
today my little G. pulchipes sling was walking about it's enclosure, so im pretty sure that this means s/he's all hardened up after its recent molt and is hungry! :)

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Hey guys what up im back sorry ive been gone for so long ive just peen super bussy working on a game in java (i do that in my free time and for school stuff) and to catxh you guys up pretty much nothing happened over the month or so ive been gone besides my b albo molting

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Pele, my juvenile male Bumba cabocla, has caused an engineering disaster. Apparently he didn't listen when I told him he needed to leave support columns of dirt while tunneling. Accordingly, his elaborate tunnel system has collapsed.

He looked panicked when I opened the enclosure, and he couldn't retreat underground.

Last edited:

Torech Ungol

Arachnosquire
Sanguinius, my Holothele longipes, *again* gave a lethargic threat posture to the water I was giving her. She even gave it a good slap before retreating. All of this was without me ever so helpfully spraying her in the face like last time.

Nightcrawler, my Aphonopelma hentzi sling (these things never stop being slings, right? Adults are myths?), is now both my first and second escapee, as it bolted during feeding time. I got it back in the enclosure just fine, but I honestly only had the catch cup nearby because I'd just been doing maintenance on Sanguinius. Lesson learned: always have a catch cup, even if you're just feeding your calmest.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Well darn it, my N. incei gold hasn't been eating well since its last molt. I can't see it very well, its been in its web tube but I could see some feet today when I removed its unwanted meal and I can see an appendage that's much rounder than the rest so I guess its a MM now. Not having much luck with the dwarf Ts, this is the second one that turned out to be male so far.