Today in the Spider Room?

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Last edited:

boina

Lady of the mites
My P. rufilata juvenile - the one I believe to be female - molted recently, not sure when exactly. She's been out and about for a few days now, looking fantastic, but she won't feed yet. I hope that's because she isn't ready and not because something is wrong. I'm a bit surprised that she will move about outside her hide but not feed.
And my E. parvulus has molted more than 2 years after the last and everything went fine. She had a kind of cyst or something similar on her back (no, that spot is not from kicking hair, below is lose hair from kicking) and I was a bit worried about her, but she's perfectly fine :). No pic yet, she hasn't hardened.

IMG_7699 (2).JPG

Ebayzo

Arachnopeon
Finally my M. Balfouri has shown him/herself. Even snatched a (dead) cricket after a month, been pretty active last two days. The contrast with my A. Geniculata :D I love that little trashcan.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Made one last order for the year, or for a while depending on if I get a tech position...

Anybody want to get the species? The genus starts with a ‘P’ ;)

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Technically today (just past the stroke of midnight) my B.albopilosum decided to molt after I'd switched out its hide to a more aesthetically pleasing cork bark hide. I'm not sure why but it molted on its side, it worked out fine in any case.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
One of the pieces of cork bark molded over pretty badly so I removed it. Also had to give this girl a name so I chose ‘Andromeda’ (first T since getting back into the hobby and my gf wouldn’t let me get any more spiders until I named one).
CA0EF21B-E2B1-46E6-A472-B7F57113D264.jpeg

Also got some pics of the freshly molted 3” machala, interesting to see colors on one this small
2AA3BAA2-EB05-404B-B47C-F983770F7E87.jpeg

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Protip: Panera’s square deli containers make great stackable enclosures

miamc12321

Arachnopeon
Fed my babies, and Chewy (B albo) decided to take all three of his mealworms. He even lifted his little leg to 'show' me... sure it was more of a half threat telling me to stay away from his dinner :rofl: pics are horrible, but you can see him. I need a camera!

Attachments

Marika

Arachnoangel
H. chilensis expressed her opinion about me.
DSC05584 – kopio.JPG

G. pulchra has been hiding for a few weeks...boring.
DSC05597 – kopio.JPG

Ebayzo

Arachnopeon
Been building some cd-case enclosures for me, soon to be, new friends. Also being amazed by the behaviour of my current friends :) My a. Geniculata has closed of his hideout completely shut with substrate. Came to say hello almost whole day last weeks but it's goodbye for now i guess :)

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tomorrow my partner and I are putting in a set of shelves to hold all of the invertebrate enclosures. He really loves me because he's not a fan of the spiders or scorpion, though he is starting to come around on the mantids and roaches.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Been building some cd-case enclosures for me, soon to be, new friends.
I've seen the tutorials on these before and actually bought some CD cases to try it but haven't gotten to it yet. I'd be interesting in knowing how they work for you :). Very cool to see someone here make them. IMO, they looked like some neat enclosures.

Ebayzo

Arachnopeon
I've seen the tutorials on these before and actually bought some CD cases to try it but haven't gotten to it yet. I'd be interesting in knowing how they work for you :). Very cool to see someone here make them. IMO, they looked like some neat enclosures.
Well. Made some tryouts first. You do need the slim cases (lesson learned). But seems solid! Worth a try and simple once you figured out the correct bits to cut.

Ebayzo

Arachnopeon
Oh, that's good to know. I think I bought the heavier cases. Thanks for telling me :).

Glad to hear! If I remember, I'll try to get some slimmer cases and still try this one. Thanks!
Yeah, i only bought 20 regular cases to realise these dont clip (?) in eachother. So a lot less smooth result. Once i got mine ready ill try and remember to post results

Marika

Arachnoangel
I noticed my tiny A. bicoloratum sling had molted. She was already walking around, but the molt was stuck to her abdomen. It was clearly bothering her and I had to moisten it to get it off. I hope she's okay otherwise.

DSC05609 – kopio.JPG
DSC05603 – kopio.JPG