1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today in the Spider Room?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Dovey, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Marika

Marika Arachnobaron Active Member

Advertisement
    My tiny A. bicoloratum sling looks like it's in premolt, it has a big and very shiny butt... It was carrying a ball of substrate and walking on a plastic leaf that it has as a hide. Suddenly it slipped and fell on its back, still holding the ball of dirt :hilarious: One of the cutest things I've ever seen.

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Phormic28

Phormic28 Arachnoangel Active Member

Getting some of my dream T's today, stay tuned for photos ;)

3. Phormic28

0.0.5 Phormictopus sp. ‘blue’ slings! Can’t wait until they put on some size

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  4. draconisj4

draconisj4 Arachnoknight Active Member

My 1.5" T. ockerti butt threatened me for the first time since I got it at 1/2". My baby is growing up :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gaherp

Gaherp Arachnofarmer Old Timer

Misses sorted the first sac of C. elegans, and tomorrow will be sorting another. Over the weekend more elegans to sort. This sac ended up with a total of 94 in it.
    20181011_161404-1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  6. Malo

Malo Arachnopeon

My B.Vagans finally came out to play with a new birthday suit after 2-3 months burrowed. Now around 3" or so.

B.Vagans noob.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. mmcg

mmcg Arachnosquire Active Member

London
    My other Pterinochilus lugardi sling moulted. Also noticed that my Poecilotheria metallica refused its food, so I removed it. Colours are darkening so I believe it's gone in to premoult.

8. tkid02

tkid02 Arachnosquire Active Member

my .5 obt has webbed the entire mason jar after a week of having it:joyful:... above ground tho:woot:

9. Gaherp

Gaherp Arachnofarmer Old Timer

Another sac sorted with 79 slings. The C. elegans are producing fertile clutches and I can't fuss about that. Sorting out a third one tomorrow and it was a bit larger so hopefully better numbers.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. boina

boina Lady of the mites Arachnosupporter

Germany
    My OBT stuck its feet out after 4 months of being burrowed. Good - I was getting worried. Now, if it could come out completely please, so I can see how big it is?

And I think both of my H. pulchripes slings are male :grumpy:. Not absolutely sure yet, though.

And I do suspect my 'confirmed female' P. pulcher is also a male. If this suspicion gets confirmed I'll be really pissed off :rage::punch:. I absolutely love this spider.

• Like Like x 2
  11. draconisj4

A rare sighting of this elusive creature this morning

Shadow Oct 2018.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. Phormic28

Added two new Pamphos to the collection! :happy:

• Like Like x 2
  13. lostbrane

lostbrane Arachnoknight Arachnosupporter

Mine has always been out and about, but has decided to disappear. Hope it doesn't get to 4 months though...

In other news, I decided to redo the enclosure my P. cambridgei due to the gap between the cork bark and the lid being too small. Shaved off a bit of the cork bark and took out a bit of sub and now it's satisfactory. I was expecting a long drawn out battle but it was relatively calm. Guessing it's in premolt.

14. WolfSoon

WolfSoon Arachnosquire

My little male jumping spider chilled out in his favorite hiding spot (inside a spray bottle nozzle) and supervised while I fed the Ts. Just as I wrapped up feeding, he emerged and hopped back into his enclosure when I offered it to him. Perfect timing!
    Later, outside the spider room, I carved a spooder pumpkin. I think it needs some fuzziness!

0A4618B0-1EAB-4CBF-A8E1-7F7C6B50BE19.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Thekla

Thekla Arachnobaron Active Member

Just rehoused my Homoeomma sp. fire sling:
    20181014_new home.jpg
    We'll see how long its new home looks this nice and tidy. :p

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. mmcg

mmcg Arachnosquire Active Member

London
    Rehoused my Caribena versicolor sling, last night. It's now in a 32oz deli cup for the next few moults. I could have kept it in its old enclosure for another moult but it would have been more difficult rehousing it later.

17. RonC

RonC Arachnopeon

I didn't think my new arrival G. Pulhripes would eat but offered a meal worm last evening. Wouldn't even come out of her hide as I expected. Killed it and dropped it in the empty water dish with plans of removing it this morning if still there. To my surprise my little spidy had dragged it to another corner and was administering CPR. Sadly the mealworm didn't make it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. WildSpider

WildSpider Arachnoknight Active Member

USA
    RIP mealworm. My G. pulchripes sling was like this when I first got her too. She wants to be a lifeguard when she grows up. She's already moved up to assisting superworms. They grow up so fast...

• Like Like x 1
  19. draconisj4

Got a little sign for the spider room today, please excuse the reflections...the sign is kind of shiny

Pet hole.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Phormic28