1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today in the Spider Room?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Dovey, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Dovey

Dovey Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    Me too! For newly large additions! :woot:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marika

Marika Arachnobaron Active Member

Finland
    Looks like my new sling (A. eutylenum) had a busy night - she had covered her cork bark with substrate.

Pulchra was testing the lid of her kk with her fangs :nailbiting:

• Like Like x 2
  3. WolfSoon

WolfSoon Arachnosquire Active Member

I watched this little one gaze out the evening window and perform his nightly ablutions. :kiss:

41704926-8303-4040-B6DE-CC126D44A1A4.jpeg
    0DD340EC-CFE2-4973-BAD3-FD1C5DEFEDD8.jpeg

I also rehoused two sweet little B. sabulosum slings, and dug around in my E sp Red’s enclosure looking for a mealworm it turned out she had eaten after all. My bad, neglecting to crush the head. :oops:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Rehoused the 3 P. regalis slings that I picked up earlier today. I decided to separate them instead of continuing their communal setup. Better safe than left with only one fat spood.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Dovey

Dovey Arachnobaron

Dude! Free-range spiders! Now that's living.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lostbrane

lostbrane Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Just saw my new P. cambridgei do a happy dance for the first time. Was wavin it's lil butt all over the place haha.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  7. boina

boina Lady of the mites Arachnosupporter

Germany
    Saw my P. reduncus juvenile hanging out on her cork bark this morning after more than a month in hiding (and a molt). I was a bit worried about her since I rehoused her into her adult enclosure already. It's a bit big for her at the moment but I didn't have an intermediate enclosure available and thought I'd see how it goes. She looked well enough this morning and not overly thin, so all is well, as it seems.

• Like Like x 2
  8. One of my two A. seemanni slings is in pre-molt again, while the other one still hasn't molted. It sure is taking its time. :hilarious:

9. antinous

antinous Pamphopharaoh Arachnosupporter

Everyone ate! Usually a hit or miss for me because even yesterday the antinous was giving me a bit trouble by redecorating the mealworm all over its enclosure, but it ate this time as well!

• Like Like x 1
  10. antinous

Did some rearranging! Also going to make the styrofoam cooler at the bottom into a sling incubator, I’ll post a thread for it tomorrow.

0CC40F46-2AB3-43C1-86C5-E8302847C926.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. antinous

Three out of the five slings ate again today, one of the P. antinous did not eat yet again :banghead: and the other took literally all day to eat what I gave it last night! Haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dovey

Dovey Arachnobaron

Chewing each bite 100 times!

13. Thekla

Thekla Arachnoangel Active Member

Finally, my G. rosea has flipped! :woot: Just came home from work and found her/him like this:

20180928_first moult.jpg

(S)he is the last T that hasn't moulted in my care yet. Fasted for 6 months. Just hoping all will be well and that I'll finally be able to sex her/him properly. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dovey

Dovey Arachnobaron

Yeah, um, take it from me...don't lose the molt before you can sex it. :banghead: I know, how does that even happen, right? Trust me, it happens!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

I woke up to @Nightstalker47 s MM metallica drumming. A hour before my alarm. I may be just leaving him with my hungry female tonight. :troll:

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I heard a loud drumming against plastic while I was photographing one of my tarantulas. I looked, and it was my juvenile male Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. I guess he's practicing?

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Thekla

Thekla Arachnoangel Active Member

As it turns out I didn't even need the moult... he hooked out! :rolleyes:

20180929_hooked out.jpg

Now, I need to find him a girl, I guess. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. antinous

Made an incubator for my slings and juvies that gets to about 82 F (12 above room temp outside the incubator) and it only runs on 7 watts of energy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Dovey

Dovey Arachnobaron

What a handsome red boy! Yeah, it's really sort of your patriotic duty to find him a lady friend now that these guys aren't going to be pouring out of Chile as adults!

That is seriously impressive. Especially if you have a bunch of slow growers. Frankly, I'm looking forward to shorter, cooler days. I'm sick to death of having to keep up with all these molts and rehouses!

20. Dovey

Dovey Arachnobaron

I've seen that too! I wonder what that's about? Any theories? Seriously, is he just trying out this new cool thing he figured out how to do?