Today in the Spider Room?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Sooo... I tried to dampen the substrate a bit for my A. geniculata and it was pretty much like " Food? No. Food? No. Food? No. AHA! You....FOOOD!!!" I barely got the lid closed in time. Little piggy just ate 3 roaches 2 days ago, sheeesh o_O

Bub being a pain.jpg

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
My P. murinus is a fussy little thing( not quite so little anymore). Since it's decided to attach it's web to the top vent I mess it up it every time I open the enclosure. I opened the top and dropped a roach in, the spider came running out, grabbed the roach and took it into it's burrow. A couple of minutes later it came out, fixed it's webbing to its satisfaction and then went back in to eat. I guess it didn't like my redecorating, lol.

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Today I just fed a ton of spiderlings and snapped a few pics. One of a really plump female T. violaceus and a few of our C.elegans.
2018-08-13 23.02.17.jpg 20180813_230629-1.jpg 20180813_230814-1.jpg

Bree24

Arachnosquire
Second day in a row where I came home to find that one of my slings had JUST finished molting. I don’t know whether I should be happy that they molted or upset that I was 30 minutes shy of getting to watch. :(

On the plus side, almost all of my slings are on the same molting schedule. my girls are synced!

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
Got some roaches today, fed a couple T's, and let my B. auratum roam around the room for a couple hours.

First up is my suspected B. kahlenbergi female munching on a dubia.

20180816_183244.jpg

Next is my female B. auratum, and in true auratum fashion it's to the highest places they can go.

20180816_184522.jpg

20180816_184645.jpg

She says, " okay, I'm out, what now? I know, I know, look pretty, just look pretty." After her poses she did a good girl and walk straight over to the beer. (Not pictured) she also spent some time inspecting the vacuum.

20180816_185009.jpg

20180816_185109.jpg

On her way to the top of the window seal, she climbed up this lovely picture. Before reaching the top she stopped on the ledge to get a little sun and watch the football game across the street, I must say it was cool to see her chillin' in the window while I took an outside adult break.

20180816_190140.jpg

Anywho, just wanted to share a few pics of today's action.

Cheers,
YellowBrickRoad

Marika

Arachnoangel
My H. sp. fire sling surprised me by molting today, exactly one month after her last molt. I didn't even realize she was in premolt. I gave her a mealworm yesterday and was just checking if she had eaten it, and there she was, on her back freshly molted.

Minty

@londontarantulas
FAC5579A-019C-487C-9D9E-1FB39BF1887A.jpeg
My Grammostola pulchra gave me a bit of a half arsed threat posture , just five minutes ago.

Bree24

Arachnosquire
My 3/4” B. boehmei molted a couple days ago, which was a relief because she took a tumble a few weeks back and I was worried that she might have troubles. Open her up today to water her, and I got to watch her take a drink from the soil. What a comforting feeling, having visual confirmation that your babies are staying hydrated.

Also interesting that her sack mate, who molted two weeks ago, is almost three times her size and gained twice as much in comparison. I wonder if this means I have a male/female pair on my hands.

dmac

Arachnopeon
The spider room is also the scorpion room and this happened:
20180830_213951.jpg

Uroctonus mordax now a mama.

Other than that awesomeness, fed the new H. pulchripes and the rest of the slings, and was pleased by my P. cambridgei which is hanging out more and more in the open now 20180830_221654.jpg .

20180830_220205.jpg

Razzledazzy

Arachnosquire
Today I found the one cricket that was making noise and threw it right in front of my chalcodes' fangs. Blessed silence.

boina

Lady of the mites
One of my Neostenotarsus sp. Surinam molted and to my surprise turned out to be a mature male. It's sooo tiny! I haven't seen it streched out yet but body length is less than 1/2" and I'd estimate DLS at 1 1/2", if even that. I've got a mature micro-spider :wacky:.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Rehoused my N. tripepii and oldest G. pulchripes juveniles today. Five hours later the pulchripes is not happy and is on the side looking miserable, the tripepii however made itself right at home. It's already excavated a space under it's hide and pooped in it's water dish, home sweet home :rofl:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
More rehousing today, one extremely unhappy and very uncooperative D. pentaloris juvenile ( fast little bugger) and one dream of a little B. albiceps sling that obligingly walked right into it's new enclosure. I'm waiting on an enclosure to rehouse my OBT, that should be fun :eek:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
My little B. hamorii sling is practicing to be just like another rather famous hamorii here on the boards :rofl:

Grumpy B. hamorii.jpg

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Found out late last night the enclosure I was housing my A. chalcodes in has a slight gap where it was bowing (hadn't seen that). Then she poked her fangs through and I was convinced she was about to snap them. Thankfully got her away from there before she could do anything. So, picked myself up a locking tub and rehoused her. She did not really want to come out. It was only until I started pulling the water dish (along with the large silk mat she had laid down over the entire surface of the sub) that she started to "cooperate" in a "you're not taking what is mine human!" kind of way, and she almost climbed up the that onto the quickly elevating water dish. Anyways, she's safe and sound now and hopefully won't try to explore anything else besides feeders with her fangs...

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
Right before I left for a trip recently, my D. diamantinensis took off running and gave me the chance to confirm that he’s now mature (and yet acting like an angsty teenager :p). I suspected his ultimate molt might be coming up when he took forever in premolt and was really grumpy about it.

3133A037-ED3A-4F0F-829B-2BEFD695F789.jpeg

And today this handsome, calm lad came out for a wander :angelic: (P. otiosus)

80B03D83-A563-48C3-B6B7-6A8F5E8B9CC7.jpeg