Today in the Spider Room?

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
I went ahead and finally made an acrylic lid for my A. geniculata's enclosure. I really should have done it sooner, no excuse really. As if to tell me that I should have, whilst I was drilling away at the acrylic Lucius there decided to start climbing on the screen top again...

Anyways, it was a lot of fun making it, even if I didn't have all the necessary supplies to make it go a lot easier, and even if it wasn't cut exactly to size...

A few things.

1: The pieces of paper are to close the gap that I completely underestimated, as I'm sure it could have squeezed through. I have enough spare acrylic that I can make a new one and silicone some shims on in the future. I left extra acrylic at the end for a "handle."

2: I was originally going small hole, bigger hole, but then felt like that was making it more complicated than it needed to be, and only stuck with the 1/4" bit from then on. I'm going to keep an eye on everything to make sure things don't turn south for some unexpected reason.

3: I know the sub looks dry, but it's just the surface. The front two corners are still moist all the way to the bottom. Edit: I also just reburied the hide and added in some fake plants, to spruce it up a little/improve.

If there is something glaring that I happened to miss or messed up big time that needs to be addressed, I am all ears.I don't think I did but what I don't think has proven to bite me big time later so.

Other than that, I think I succeeded at making a major pain top for myself but it's safer for the tarantula so that's all that matters.

253404E2-E91E-4480-AC89-D32B07CE2D73.jpeg

Last edited:

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
My T. plumipes threw a ball of substrate at me today! :rofl: And the best part is I got it on video :D

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
I've never seen that kind of behavior before. :rofl: Has it done it off camera before?
No she has never done it off camera. Ive heard of Ts throwing substrate before but whether this was defensive behavior or just Ts to T things idk.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I had to laugh at my little L. klugi, after being so adamant about not going into it's new enclosure it sure is enjoying it. After it's last molt it could touch all four sides of it's old enclosure if it spread out. Now in the new one it's always sprawled out as if to say " Ahhhhhh, so much room!"
L. klugi july 2018.jpg

Bree24

Arachnosquire
Accidentally tipped over one of my B. boehmei sling vials. Poor bugger got knocked for a loop! :confused: Thankfully, she’s okay...

On the (kinda sorta?) plus side, she was so freaked that when I dug her out she bolted onto my hand. First time I’ve held a spider without being scared. Woo!

Gotta be a wee bit more careful next time... :sorry:

PurelyRavage

Arachnopeon
I had multiple molts. Feelsgoodman

2xChilobrachys dyscolus black
1xChilobrachys electric blue
1x avicularia Avicularia
1x Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens
1xEphebopus Cyanognathus
1xPterinochilus Murinus
1xCyriopagopus sp. Hati-Hati
2xHolothele incei GOLD
2xchilobrachys Sp fimbriatus
2xchilobrachys sp blue vietnam

dmac

Arachnopeon
Got the best look so far at my recently acquired P. cambridgei.
20180729_215842.jpg
Checked in on my new B. sabulosum (which molted) and A. ezendami slings, courtesy of Cold Blood.
20180729_221609.jpg
20180729_220057.jpg

Other than that, did some feedings and snapped a pic of my G. pulchra who just molted.
20180728_215525.jpg

Minty

@londontarantulas
F2851BF3-C40B-4DC8-B497-E3559C766E70.jpeg 18E36EA1-5386-48BE-BA33-F1ED23A98DA7.jpeg
Managed to get a couple of pics of my Lapropelma violaceopes for the first time since her moult.

Torech Ungol

Arachnosquire
Sanguinius, my Holothele longipes, tagged his cricket with such enthusiasm that he rolled twice and ended up upside-down with his fangs directly through the cricket's eyes.

Marika

Arachnoangel
H. sp. fire is eating again after molting about a week ago.

Pulchra thinks she's arboreal.

And...I know this may sound weird...but I think I want more Ts :wideyed:

Torech Ungol

Arachnosquire
H. sp. fire is eating again after molting about a week ago.

Pulchra thinks she's arboreal.

And...I know this may sound weird...but I think I want more Ts :wideyed:
You're right, that is weird. Why do you not *know* you want more T's?
;)

Xenoking

Arachnopeon
Lol when I opened my pink toes cage she came out and went on my hand it was really weird