Today in the Spider Room?

StampFan

Arachnodemon
yes.. I was pretty upset actually. As it grew it just got prettier and it was almost at the 1" mark. Arg!

I don't like hearing that we all placed an order around the same time.. that worries me a tad.

In other matters, I welcomed 4 new Ts today. C. Kaeng Krachan, C. C. darlingi, B. vagans, and LP. My first OWs! Sadly the C. darlingi I ordered was DOA so I'll have to wait for a replacement.
I actually got a bit of solace knowing that both of our brunnipes sibling slings died after the same molt, means it was more likely a genetic issue or something rather than our mutual husbandry skills....

athlete96

Arachnosquire
I actually got a bit of solace knowing that both of our brunnipes sibling slings died after the same molt, means it was more likely a genetic issue or something rather than our mutual husbandry skills....
Ok. I like your way of thinking, makes me feel better. :embarrassed:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Now I'm worried...

I have been eyeing up some of the darker Chilobrachys species, and Kaeng Krachan has caught my eye on multiple occasions. Should be a fun one to raise!

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I had one of my butterflies emerge from its pupa today, and then I found out that my last mantis died of old age, so I spread her and I'm going to add her to a frame when she dries out. Oh and my P. Miranda is heavily webbing his enclosure so I'm expecting a molt any day now.

Attachments

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
The last couple days I have been able to catch partial glimpses of my most elusive spider, a Cyriopagopus albostriatus sling.

With a wax moth, which is staring at me cursing my betrayal.

With a cricket, which was all excited to find a silken paradise for it to hide inside.

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
I recently opened up a feeding session with my trio of juvenile/young adult H. Maculata. Those of you who keep them probably know them to be lil ninjas, rarely visible. I got lucky and was able to drop a super worm really close to my suspect female without spooking her. Well, the stars aligned and the super crawled right up to the face of “Angel.” I got to witness some savage fang action up close of a species I usually catch mere glimpses of! Score! Too bad I’m not quicker with the camera, as I suppose it didn’t happen if I don’t have proof.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Love this species! They get a well deserved harsh rep but their terrarium behavior can be fascinating and comical. Really sick little predators too!
Lol, I tried to get the dish out without dumping sub all over it's webbing or getting an angry OBT in my face...the spider stayed hidden but there was just too much sub in the dish and a good part of the webbing got covered. Little guy probably isn't too happy with me, but it did get a nice fat roach for compensation.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Earlier today (well, yesterday, because it's already after midnight where I live) I rehoused my D. diamantinensis, which I had planned for quite some time, but not necessarily for today. I prepared her new enclosure a couple of weeks ago and was just waiting for the right moment. And when I saw that she destroyed all her webbing last night and was in the middle of bringing all the old stuff out, I thought: "Well, it's now or never!" ;) I mean, if she decided it was time for renovating, she could easily do it in a new enclosure as well, right?

It was quite an easy rehouse. Although she didn't like the catch cup/bottle and was running in circles for a bit, she calmed down quickly. And everything after that was text book rehousing. *phew*
It took her only half an hour to get to work and start webbing.

20180616_093141x.jpg 20180616_131203x.jpg

And it gave me the rare opportunity to take some nice pictures of her. Because she's just a pet web, I normally see next to nothing of her... some legs now and then, that's it. :rolleyes:

Donna_16062018.jpg Donna_16062018_2.jpg

On a side note my other pet web (A. merianae) discovered that there's actually a life outside her web tunnel. :wideyed: (S)he apparently moved out of her tunnel and started a new home.

new home_16062018.jpg old web_16062018.jpg (the old web tunnel)
Right now (s)he's openly chilling on the side of the enclosure... something (s)he's never done before, at least not when I was at home with lights and PC switched on. o_O

Emma chilling_16062018.jpg

To sum this up... today I've seen more of my two pet webs than in the last 6 months or so together. :watchingyou::astonished::D

Thekla

Arachnoprince
That enclosure is incredibly cute!
Thanks! :D She already made herself at home under the cork bark.

You know, I think, if I have to put up with a pet web, I can at least have a nice enclosure to look at. :p And as soon as I found those plastic diamonds I knew I had to put them with my D. diamantinensis (Diamant being the german word for diamond ;))

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Thanks! :D She already made herself at home under the cork bark.

You know, I think, if I have to put up with a pet web, I can at least have a nice enclosure to look at. :p And as soon as I found those plastic diamonds I knew I had to put them with my D. diamantinensis (Diamant being the german word for diamond ;))
I saw some of those at hobby lobby and immediately wanted to put them in an enclosure as well, I'm glad I'm not alone in my love for tarantulas and sparkles!

athlete96

Arachnosquire
6 Ts were rehoused today. P. pulcher, P. cam, P. irmina, T. gigas, T. sp. UI, and T. violaceps. They all look so tiny now :embarrassed:

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
My P. pulcher died a couple days ago, but my P. cambridgei is still kicking and terrorizing a cricket right now. Other than that and a G. pulchripes molt, today has been nothing but making room for more enclosures.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've found a fifth sac in the spider room today:
Steatoda grossa - noticed about 2-3 weeks ago
Latrodectus hesperus - 2 females each have sacs about a week old
Scytodidae sp. - sac about 3 days old
Gnathopalystes kochi - sac less than 6 days old