Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Not blue.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Whatever

Votes: 34 50.0%

• Total voters

boina

Lady of the mites
you missed a chance to call your thread "Blue pill or red pill?" and that's a damn shame
Nah. There are more colors than just blue and red - and I'm not the biggest Matrix fan anyway. Parts 2 and 3 were just too confusing for me.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Nah. There are more colors than just blue and red - and I'm not the biggest Matrix fan anyway. Parts 2 and 3 were just too confusing for me.
i liked the first one. all the sequels were garbage IMO.

ComputerDellLI

Arachnopeon
I like the smoky or light blue species, H. pulchripes, I. mira, C. darlingi, and M. balfouri. P. metallica isn't my cup of tea, and I agree with ^ C. lividum is a great looking spider

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I love my little P. sazimais. Even though they look grey in dim lighting. They would be cool in any color.

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
It seems there are only two opinons about blue tarantulas:

1. 'Oh, how wonderful, best color ever, I have to have one!'

And the much rarer opinion:

2. 'Overpriced and hyped up and I don't like blue anyway'

So, what category are you in? And be generous: if you like the blues you are in C.1, if you don't really like it you are in C.2.

(Me, I'm firmly in the second. Although I own a few blues despite the fact they are blue ;))
I love blue spiders, like I’ve said before I am a very picky keeper. I’ve wanted a blue spider ever since I saw a Eurypelma ( which is now Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens... ) if it’s not Blue, Purple, Blue Purple, purple green, green blue, pink blue, blue orange etc, I’m not interested...
so yea C1 I am. By the end of this week I will have 5 more C.Cyaneopubescens, 2 H.Pulcripes, and finally 2 C.Veri’s :) I cant wait...

Well, and for those of us who are not dumb (me) C versicolor have a beautiful blue.
When they are Slings they turn Purple with emerald green carapace :D

People gush over blue ts all the time....to me its like getting excited because you saw a blue car. I mean, there are an incredible number of blue ts, they are everywhere in tbe hobby....it may not be a common color in nature in general, but its really common with ts...heck the oranges on many Brachys are less common and more striking, but people just take it for granted.

Me, i love ts that are the absolute rarest color of them all....green....green ts look over the top fantastic to me, but there certainly are not many of them.
Nah, two colors I like on cars white, and black... I like Blue, Purple, Green, Orange T’s mixed with those colors because for me it is something you don’t see everyday. my buds collection which is over 100 maybe approaching 150+ basically all the same color from a distance, yes I adore all T’s, but like the music I love, I don’t go and buy every single album and listen to every single band. I’m a picky keeper and a picky person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minty

@londontarantulas
Yo listen up here’s the story,
About a little T that lived in a blue world,
And all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue,
Like him, inside and outside.

I love blue tarantulas, but I also love plenty of non-blue tarantulas. Regardless of blue tarantulas being common, it’s still uncommon in nature so the initial reaction, for me, just makes them seem so striking.

I think as you become more familiar with the hobby, this effect dwindles and your palate for tarantulas becomes more varied and you don’t just go by appearance. This also explains why newbies are so attracted to blue tarantulas.

Finally, blue is the colour of my country’s flag, so I have to love it. :p

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
I love the color blue, so yes I like blue Ts.

My favorite colors in Ts are purple, green, black, blue, and brown. I don't like orange much though.

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
Yo listen up here’s the story,
About a little T that lived in a blue world,
And all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue,
Like him, inside and outside.

I love blue tarantulas, but I also love plenty of non-blue tarantulas. Regardless of blue tarantulas being common, it’s still uncommon in nature so the initial reaction, for me, just makes them seem so striking.

I think as you become more familiar with the hobby, this effect dwindles and your palate for tarantulas becomes more varied and you don’t just go by appearance. This also explains why newbies are so attracted to blue tarantulas.

Finally, blue is the colour of my country’s flag, so I have to love it. :p
I’ve been in the hobby for awhile, I am just very picky.

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
Blue Ts are great and beautiful but the demand for them kinda make it overrated I think.

Current blue slings are A. seemanni BCF, GBB, M. balfouri; not sure if I'll get some Pmets, I prefer the coloration of the other pokies (regalis, miranda, vittata, etc).

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I got a P Metallica not bc it was blue but bc I feel this is a species where the males don't look bad. Turns out it was a female anyways but for me P. Metallica is like the opposite of P. irminia where the males are totally bland bugs. The blue is just incidental.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
P. sazimai female just molted a couple days ago. No flash:
A0079A45-5FDC-41BA-8A64-57CDA8421F4C.jpeg
A very pretty deep blue.

Shine a bright light (or turn on flash) for a ridiculous shade of blue
191FFCA8-CAA9-4939-BB9F-CF96BFEF5E68.jpeg