• Not blue.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Whatever

Votes: 34 50.0%

• Total voters

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
M. balfouri and I. mira are both about the right amount of blue for my tastes. P. metallica, P. sazimai, D. diamantienesis, GBB are just sort of ugly. C. lividum, though, that's an attractive blue spider.
If only C. lividus was a terrestrial instead of a fossorial...

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I don't mind blue, but its becoming too common, yet prices are still high and people still demand for them. I honestly don't care the P. metallica and IMO it's overrated. I prefer any other pokie over the P. metallica. I prefer purple color t.'s over blue, but I don't have any yet. Hopefully the P. ornata will be waiting for me at the next expo.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
blue is interesting and really nice to observe, but is over hyped in the hobby today. seems the only way a species can gather any attention is to have overdone images of them shared around the net. i love Poecilotheria metallica, and i enjoy my white and black pokies just as much if not more.

color becomes less of a interest as the years go on. i find i like the browns and blacks just as much.

the best blue tarantulas are the "blue" Chilobrachys imo. sp electric blue and vietnam blue (dyscolus blue). the more subtle blues really make it stand out. compared to P metallica for example.

Purple is much rarer. :kiss: IMG_20180906_123917_845.jpg

fleetwoodmcc

Arachnopeon
blue is interesting and really nice to observe, but is over hyped in the hobby today. seems the only way a species can gather any attention is to have overdone images of them shared around the net. i love Poecilotheria metallica, and i enjoy my white and black pokies just as much if not more.

color becomes less of a interest as the years go on. i find i like the browns and blacks just as much.

the best blue tarantulas are the "blue" Chilobrachys imo. sp electric blue and vietnam blue (dyscolus blue). the more subtle blues really make it stand out. compared to P metallica for example.
Chilobrachys sp. electric blue would be stunning if it was red, orange, yellow, green, whatever...the pattern, tucked inside the legs and on the chelicerae, is just unreal. That species is incredible.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Chilobrachys sp. electric blue would be stunning if it was red, orange, yellow, green, whatever...the pattern, tucked inside the legs and on the chelicerae, is just unreal. That species is incredible.
look into pokies if you like yellow on the underside of the legs, most have it.

fleetwoodmcc

Arachnopeon
look into pokies if you like yellow on the underside of the legs, most have it.
Yeah, not as much of a fan of it on Pokies. Seems like that ugly highlighter yellow. Looks good on Regalis, but nowhere near the electric blue, especially with the ways the legs are almost split down the middle. Generally, and I know this might be sacreligious... I dont think pokies are that good looking.

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
Blue Ts are cool and all but I’m kind of indifferent about them. The only blue T I have is a pseudhapalopus sp blue and it won’t be blue forever since it’s a 1/4” sling right now :rofl:

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Blue spoods are awesome also you missed a chance to call your thread "Blue pill or red pill?" and that's a damn shame

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
@Venom1080 referred to “subtle blue” in his post. I agree wholeheartedly. When people refer to “blue” species, my mind immediately clicks to the bright blues. However, I think one of my most outstanding looking specimens is my 0.1 L. violaceopes, a very dark blue.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I very much like the blue tarantulas, and the red, and pink, and white, and black, and brown, and orange, and.......

There are definitely some that i find more attractive than others and color definitely plays its role in that. I like my (to quote Chris) "fashion Ts" just as much as i like my LPs and rose hairs. The one thing i can never understand when blue Ts (or similar subjects) come up, is that people will dislike them solely because they think too many other people like them.:confused: Mind boggling. i understand everybody has their own taste and that's fine, i just can't for the life of me figure out how somebody else likeing the way (for example) P. metallica looks, should/could effect how much I like the way it looks.

Humans are too confusing......

Anyway, i suppose i belong in either group 1 or 3.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I actively dislike the colour blue. We got our P. met because my partner chose her... I adore her temperament, and I tell her every day I wish she wasn't blue lol I have an I. mira because I am obsessed with baboons... the blue feet are completely "meh."

cold blood

Staff member
People gush over blue ts all the time....to me its like getting excited because you saw a blue car. I mean, there are an incredible number of blue ts, they are everywhere in tbe hobby....it may not be a common color in nature in general, but its really common with ts...heck the oranges on many Brachys are less common and more striking, but people just take it for granted.

Me, i love ts that are the absolute rarest color of them all....green....green ts look over the top fantastic to me, but there certainly are not many of them.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
People gush over blue ts all the time....to me its like getting excited because you saw a blue car. I mean, there are an incredible number of blue ts, they are everywhere in tbe hobby....it may not be a common color in nature in general, but its really common with ts...heck the oranges on many Brachys are less common and more striking, but people just take it for granted.

Me, i love ts that are the absolute rarest color of them all....green....green ts look over the top fantastic to me, but there certainly are not many of them.
Just today I viewed that old Volvo station wagon car, notably blue. Such a sublime sighting :playful:

cold blood

Staff member
Just today I viewed that old Volvo station wagon car, notably blue. Such a sublime sighting :playful:
yeah, i probably am more fond of blue cars than ts...hehe....not that theres anything wrong with a blue t of course...its just not.....

i do have favorite blue ts though...the LV is striking....cyaneolum is just the coolest.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Honestly, I think blue is kinda boring. As some people have said, they are just so common, and blue is just not my color. C. Cyan and M. Balfouri are the only exceptions to me.

cold blood

Staff member
Honestly, I think blue is kinda boring. As some people have said, they are just so common, and blue is just not my color. C. Cyan and M. Balfouri are the only exceptions to me.
C. cyan??

Did i miss something...did cyaneolum get moved out of Thrixopelma?

The Seraph

Arachnolord
I did. Autocorrect 'corrected' it to much cyan.

Should clarify. Meant C. Cyaneopubescens.

Last edited by a moderator: