To Feed or not to Feed (Molting Questions)

Lucashank

Arachnosquire
ok what about a B. Vagan it just molted sometime in the late/early of 5/29/2017
That date is today, so definitely do not feed your tarantula yet.
I think that waiting one week after a molt to feed is the safest, but the size of the tarantula can make a difference.

Urban Country Spider

Arachnopeon
That date is today, so definitely do not feed your tarantula yet.
I think that waiting one week after a molt to feed is the safest, but the size of the tarantula can make a difference.
I got that part but I look at my Vagans ass (the abdomen) and it was skinny so that's why I ask

MGery92

Arachnosquire
After a molt all of them are skinny. If it is a juvenile/adult, give it a week or so to recover. If it is a sling, give it 5-6 days, or a week, if you want to be sure.

Urban Country Spider

Arachnopeon
OK so I am doing everything correctly now that I knew I was doing sorry for the confusion but this is my first one but I am planning to get another one. So its like a new mother for a baby I just do not want to do this

That is normal, and it will be fine. I would try feeding the tarantula in five days or so. Make sure you have a water dish provided.
I always do I try to keep water in it

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I may have missed the size of 'new' 2017 OP's sling.

I feed slings in about 5 days. A small juvie might get offered something in 7 days or so. Larger juvies, sub-adults and adults I wait 10 days -- sometimes even 2 weeks.
It's often a case by case -- and I have been know to feed much earlier if I can see for myself the fangs have blackened/hardened.

Alfredscorpkeeper

Arachnopeon
So i just had a juvie fireleg tarantula.
It literally motled a few hours before i picked it up at the seller's house. Now, its abdomen is a bit small. What do you guys suggest i do for it?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
So i just had a juvie fireleg tarantula.
It literally motled a few hours before i picked it up at the seller's house. Now, its abdomen is a bit small. What do you guys suggest i do for it?
Wait until it hardens, depending on its size it could take a week+.