To Euthanize or Not To Euthanize

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Morbid subject, but it's good to discuss the difficult stuff.

I agree that massive trauma would be the most "humane" method for euthanizing a tarantula. I know it might be difficult to bring yourself to do. It must be done with confidence or you risk more suffering for you both.

The technique of dropping a 4x4 on it sounds the most accurate and swift. Do this in a paper bag in the garden and you can bury the remains.

Well done for asking for advice.

tarantulaman96

Arachnopeon
I definitely agree with the majority, and say freeze it because this is safe and you will not have a mess to clean if you smash it (LOL!!). Also, I would recommend getting the T taxidermed, which is what I would do. That way you still have your pet spiritually with you along with the memories, plus would make a great centerpiece for others to see. Just a suggestion and sorry to hear about the T's unfortunate demise.

Josh

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
:( Well, thank God the debate is over... because mother nature took over. She was gone when I got home from work last night. I must be getting better at this, 'cuz I didn't feel REALLY bad, I was just glad for her to be out of her misery.:(

I am now reconsidering my habit of purchasing WCs. Unless I know they have been captive for a certain amount of time... (how long would be sufficient?) I love watching my slings grow and seeing their individual personalities develop. But there is stilll that "mystery T" thing... when I saw "Stinky" being sold as a "Rosehair" and she didn't look like one... well I HAD to buy her!!! And I was thrilled that she turned out to be a brown phase. Here's her picture, she's the beauty on the right.:

http://arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7721

Thank you EVERYONE for your support and kind words... it sure helps to share!

Until the next tragedy, but hopefully triumph!!!

Terri