Tityus Stigmurus Communal Project(WIP)

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Alright, I think I ordered everything just in time :rofl:. Anyone have experience with keeping Tityus Stigmurus as 2instars together? I heard it can be done(and it makes them grow faster)but I feel it's a little too risky..... Maybe I should have 3 or 4 together and keep the others seprate. Time to get some bottle's for them...
You'll probably lose a few along the way, but the adults just keep giving birth, so the numbers will be replenished in no time. Be ready to feed them lots, mine have been bottomless pits that are more than happy to take prey way bigger than they are.

I recommend investing in some sort of cleanup crew, you're going to have lots of feeder bits falling to the substrate in no time.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
I recommend investing in some sort of cleanup crew,
Yeah I was trying to get a spring tail colony going but no one around my area sell them:rolleyes:(I can't get anything in Canada BC). Does Tityus Stigmurus eat a lot? I never knew that they were messy eaters.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah I was trying to get a spring tail colony going but no one around my area sell them:rolleyes:(I can't get anything in Canada BC). Does Tityus Stigmurus eat a lot? I never knew that they were messy eaters.
Dang that's too bad! I seem to have trouble keeping them going for some reason. They'll be good for a bit and then just crash and never seem to recover. They'll reproduce at low levels, but nothing major.

Especially at lower instars I've found that they have quite the appetite. Or I suppose it could be that their eyes are bigger than their stomachs since they have no problem taking prey items meant for the adults. They'll fill up on that and drop the remains down to the substrate. I used to have dwarf white isopods in with them, but I suspect they got eaten too...

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wouldn't the isopods hurt the scorps when they molt? Or is it just some of the other species?
I haven't had that issue with dwarf whites because they're pretty timid and try to hide all the time.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
The package is stuck somewhere, and they are probably all died when they reach me.
Well.... I guess that ends mine first project...

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Welp, I don't think I'm going to find Tityus Stigmurs anytime soon again, I guess I could search for some C gracilis and start a communal of them. Heard these are pretty great too. Just not as bright color wise.