Tityus stigmurus colony and new brood!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I share these photos to the facebook groups enough, but not here. I have a pretty large colony of stigmurus I've cultured since 2011. (It doesnt feel like it's been six years sheesh!) I started with just five second instars and now I've got well over 100. At a peak, I counted 194 specimen back in late 2015. I've since culled, sold, and had dermestid beetles munch multiple broods (not on purpose! :( ) thus why I'm down to merely 100.

Without further ado, here's the photo. You can see her sandwiched in between the bark on the ground with the brood on her back, with her colony mates ALL around her!

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
That is so cool! How big of a tank/container do you keep them in? Id love to start a communial project after I put together my heating cabinet

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is so cool! How big of a tank/container do you keep them in? Id love to start a communial project after I put together my heating cabinet
They were originally in a 5 gallon aquarium but that got really cramped. Now they're in a 10 gallon haha

RTTB

Arachnoprince
That is impressive. I'm working towards getting that species one day. I'm an advanced keeper but their venom factor even makes me wary.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is impressive. I'm working towards getting that species one day. I'm an advanced keeper but their venom factor even makes me wary.
They are quite hot. A friend of mine has been tagged before and said it was pretty awful. Much worse than an old world T bite.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Now they're in a 10 gallon haha
You've been busy with all these broods here of late. Keep it up.
I need to start breeding. I've an empty 10 gallon going to waste. My gracilis "might" be ready to breed. :rolleyes:

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You've been busy with all these broods here of late. Keep it up.
I need to start breeding. I've an empty 10 gallon going to waste. My gracilis "might" be ready to breed. :rolleyes:
If they are, get to it! I started with gracilis and used them to trade into cheap T's and feeders haha