Tityus stigmurus babies

Nasty Nate

Arachnopeon
Well earlier last week i shared my 10 new tityus stigmurus babies. An investment into starting my own breeding program down the road. I unfortunately lost one to cannibalism due to an insecure housing system. Switched the 9 to their new individual containers and they are flourishing. Came home tonight to find that 2 have molted!!!!! Guess im doing something right. Cant wait to see this journey go ever further. 20190323_153152.jpg 20190328_232555.jpg 20190328_225217.jpg

PureXotics804

Arachnosquire
Thats great i have an adult t stig that im waiting on to give me my first brood. T stigs are usually pretty communal but of course with any juvie scorp you risk cannibalism. They are pretty slow growers. I got mine as a 2i and i just became an adult last month maybe after about 2.5 yrs, i even keep her heated

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Thats great i have an adult t stig that im waiting on to give me my first brood. T stigs are usually pretty communal but of course with any juvie scorp you risk cannibalism. They are pretty slow growers. I got mine as a 2i and i just became an adult last month maybe after about 2.5 yrs, i even keep her heated
Don't they usually mature in half a year?

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Not that ik of. In one study it took the T. Stigmurus 871 days from the day of birth to mature. They are the slowest growing specie in the genus
Weird... all the Chinese owners I've seen says they mature in about 170 days

Nasty Nate

Arachnopeon
Super excited! My 2i, 3i, and 4i tityus stigmurus have changed up their diet. Been feeding pinheads and wingless fruitflies but didnt see much of a change in body size. Switched over to the smallest dubia i could find and every single one ate a dubia tonight. Super excited. Have found my new food source!

PureXotics804

Arachnosquire
Super excited! My 2i, 3i, and 4i tityus stigmurus have changed up their diet. Been feeding pinheads and wingless fruitflies but didnt see much of a change in body size. Switched over to the smallest dubia i could find and every single one ate a dubia tonight. Super excited. Have found my new food source!
Yea dubias are extremely high in protein, more nutritious than other stapes feeders. I gut load my crickets with repashy BB as i also have reptiles. My inverts grow great on crickets so you may want to try a gut load as crickets are much cheaper than dubias an easier to find usually.

Nasty Nate

Arachnopeon
Yea dubias are extremely high in protein, more nutritious than other stapes feeders. I gut load my crickets with repashy BB as i also have reptiles. My inverts grow great on crickets so you may want to try a gut load as crickets are much cheaper than dubias an easier to find usually.
I absolutely love the dubia. All my specimens enjoy them now. And my local pet shop keeps them in stock so no worries there. I absolutely detest crickets. Theyre dirty, less nutritious, and noisy when reached adulthood. Will never use crickets again. Dubia for life.

PureXotics804

Arachnosquire
I absolutely love the dubia. All my specimens enjoy them now. And my local pet shop keeps them in stock so no worries there. I absolutely detest crickets. Theyre dirty, less nutritious, and noisy when reached adulthood. Will never use crickets again. Dubia for life.
I used to think that but i dont mind em now , they move way more and dont play dead like the dubias which is good for my picky feeders. but my dubia colony is easy maintenance, quiet and clean so i completely understand as crickets are definitely a handful.