1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tips on how to take care of a brazilian salmon pink birdeater

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by polo2468, Jul 24, 2010.

1. polo2468

polo2468 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    i have a brazilian salmon pink birdeater and i needed somne help to determine how to take care of it it is about 2.5 inches about a year old

2. So, in other words, you didn't do any research before you got it?

This should get you started.

Cass

3. polo2468

polo2468 Arachnopeon

i have done some research just wanted to know peoples opinion

4. KoriTamashii

KoriTamashii Arachnobaron

If you'd done research, you'd know there are a lot of opinions on how to care for them. :rolleyes:

But to see how people here feel about it, try using the search function. :)

5. gromgrom

gromgrom Arachnoprince Active Member

ohio
    yeah i get yelled at for telling people to search on the scorpion side of the board, but really, this is a common specie, and if you know the scientific name, or heck, the common name, its really easy to find info on them.

hell, mine was kept at 50-60% humidity (bedroom humidity) and its been molting well... so theyre a hardy specie.

6. brian abrams

brian abrams Arachnosquire

Care for LP

Very easy to care for! These things are very hardy, and very forgiving. That is why SO many people prefer them over T Blondi. Some of my containers have gotten a little too dry; sometines a little too wet, NO PROBLEM! They are much faster and more skittish than a Rose-Hair or most teddy bear Brachys; but if you don't mind a T that reaches 9" in size; NO PROBLEM! Just don't get bit by the sucker once it reaches that size....

7. killy

killy Arachnoknight

Call me crazy, but I'm finding that the care and feeding of my lp is exactly like the care and feeding of my g pulchra, which is exactly like the care and feeding of my a versicolor, which is exactly like the care and feeding of my c cyaneopubescens, which is exactly like the care and feeding of every single one of my other Ts - I've reached the conclusion that Tarantulas are ridiculously easy, and cheap, to take care of - just add water, substrate and crickets, and away they grow!

8. Merfolk

Merfolk Arachnoprince Old Timer

Well, unless you put them in the microwave, the freezer or spend months without giving them any water, chances that you loose a LP are close to non existent.

The most basic T ever.Sufficient space, moist ground with a waterdish for larger specimens, room temp et voilĂ !!! Mine are kept in minimal conditions, fed whatever I find in my garden (up to frogs), never lost one single sling since 2005 and I had quite a few!!! Stories about LP survival are astonishing!:eek:

9. mcluskyisms

mcluskyisms Arachnoangel

UK
    Let me google that for you...

:rolleyes:

10. Vespula

Vespula Arachnodemon

They seem like an awesome species. I don't have much advice, since I've never kept one, but they do sound epic!

11. BorisTheSpider

BorisTheSpider Tarantula Herder Arachnosupporter

I recommend them to anyone . The are very forgiving and a are exceptionally easy to keep . Mine can be a little quick to show some defensive behavior . They are the best display Ts around . Mine just sits right out in the open all day . Best of all they get huge and they do it quickly . I agree that getting bite would really suck , they have some huge fangs .

12. mschemmy

mschemmy Arachnosquire

Absolutely love my LP! Always on display and LOVES to eat. Cant go wrong with this species!!:D