Tips for my enclosure

Edd57

Arachnopeon
I have an Asian Forest Scorpion, I just finished its enclosure. On the right I have a NatGeo mister that I bought for 5$ clearance at Petsmart. Mixed in the substrate with moss to keep the humidity up. Removed an undertank heater, and now only occasionally turn on night heat bulb. Keep a separate enclosure for crickets. Should I add any live plants? More Moss for cover?
View attachment 292905

8813A2AF-273E-4F8C-8EA6-BE26EB533C14.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think that's totally fine, any live plants will likely get dug up or trampled by the scorp. You can add more moss if you want, but I think it'll be fine. The only thing you might want to be careful of is the scorp trying to wedge itself in behind the mister.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Its looks okay.

Personally I'd give it more substrate and I too would be concerned about it trying to wedge behind the mister and getting stuck. As long as the substrate is moist itll be fine. You're better off using the mister for Anoles or another animal that drinks water from droplets.

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
Looks great. Everything in there looks synthetic/composite. Anything organic (real wood/plants) can go moldy or rot fast due to the high humidity and lack of air flow. More substrate is good idea, as Darkness mentioned. But I had an Asian Forrest Scorpion before and she just liked hiding under things. Compared to my Emperor which actually dug tunnels in his substrate.