Tips for creating better looking enclosures

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
Most of my plants are just random stuff that I see in supermarkets while shopping, 'hey, this would look nice in terrarium, let me just google what the hell it is..' ;P It is also usually quite cheap, so its not a big waste if T will destroy it.
I heard that crickets are good, how to say it in English... test objects?;) They are more sensitive than T to negative effects, and if they survive few days in enclosure, its all good. Don't know if its true just read about it somewhere.

OhGeezRick

Arachnopeon
The enclosure should look as natural as possible without requiring additional upkeep. Just what I prefer...

tarantulagal66

Arachnopeon
image.jpeg image.jpeg With my first half dozen tarantulas, I kept them in 10-20 gallon aquariums. When the population ballooned tp 20+, that idea turned sour fast. These days, most of my matures are kept in the large breeder boxes sold for that purpose, a few I made -keeping it simple keeps it easier to maintain. I did recently clean one of my larger glass Exo-terra enclosure and 'scaped it with some beautiful faux succulent plants and plastic dinosaurs for one of my subadult female GBBs. Would love to use real plants again. Tried it once and it didn't end well.

Last edited:

Storm1028

Arachnosquire
IMO, adding some type of background adds really nice dimension and aesthetic to the terrarium. Also, if you are worried about Ts digging up your real plants, I would suggest adding some type of cork tubes and using it as a pot for the plant.