1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiny tim is back in action!!!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by alchie 8, Jan 4, 2009.

1. alchie 8

alchie 8 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I purchased a T. blondi almost a year ago at my local pet store. They had gotten about 5 in and of course I took home the one missing a leg because I'm that girl wanting to save the one that has less of a chance and I got a discount ($70 and he was 5-6"). lol. My boyfriend named him M.J. to stand for mini Jill which is my name because I also have a bad leg and he thought that was hilarious. Well needless to say MJ stopped eating about a month ago and dissapeared into his cavern of doom. My boyfriend thought he saw him moving for the first time last night and sure enough Mr. MJ had molted!!!!:clap: He is pitch black now and his leg has grown back although still smaller. I always read about so many molt problems with these guys and was so thrilled to have a succesful molt plus a new leg. Kind of funny considering I am having surgery in a couple days to fix my leg. Now we both will be healthy again. Also, I confirmed that what I thought may be a she is def. a he. What a happy new year so far and he will be looking for a misses in the future ;) !

2. Congratulations! I too have a t with a hindered leg I just rescued off of craigslist. I'm pretty sure she's in pre-molt stages and I hope that the molt will help the leg. Great to hear your story and hopefully your surgery goes well also. Too bad we can't just molt and fix ourselves.