Tiny mites on ivory Millipede.

Venomous Fang

Arachnoknight
Okay does anyone here know what kinda of mites that are on my Millipede, they’re like tiny and a light color and don’t seem to move much or at all I tried I got off all the ones I can on the top of the Millipede but there’s some underneath, idk if these parasitic mites of some sort which I’m reading is rare or the beneficial mites that is usually on this creature. I mange to take one off was hard to getting a pic of it. Can someone identify what mite it is.

Attachments

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
They are the result of excess food which can be harmful in itself, but they are not harmful in small numbers.

Venomous Fang

Arachnoknight
So does anyone know about these mites, they’re tiny and white I think kinda hard to see the color.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
There's no way to identify the type of mite from a picture of a cotton bud with specks on it, but as has been said, they're probably grain mites. They latch on sometimes, but they don't feed on the millipedes... only on the food. You don't need to remove them from the millipedes. The numbers will drop in time if you don't overfeed. Springtails are also a good idea for clearing up leftover food before the mites get to it.

Venomous Fang

Arachnoknight
There's no way to identify the type of mite from a picture of a cotton bud with specks on it, but as has been said, they're probably grain mites. They latch on sometimes, but they don't feed on the millipedes... only on the food. You don't need to remove them from the millipedes. The numbers will drop in time if you don't overfeed. Springtails are also a good idea for clearing up leftover food before the mites get to it.
Well thank you, sorry about the photo it’s the best I can do. I’ll give it some time then.