Tiny, injured, G. Pulchra sucessfully molted!

betuana

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't have any pictures yet, but my G. pulchra sling successfully molted last night! YAY!!! {D {D

Some of you may have read my thread from when I got 'her', but she was about 1/3" or so and shortly (within minutes) after unpacking I noticed she had a 'dent' in her abdomen (looked like something with a right angle corner and pressed against the top of her, crushing it a bit in) about the size of her carapace, and she settled into a half death curl, later going into a full death curl. No sign of fluid leakage, but she looked damaged, even though she seemed fine when I had first looked in the shipping cup at her. I was devestated thinking I had already lost a T that I had waited so long to get, and worse that it may be because I inadvertantly hurt her while unpacking, but I put her in an ICU just in case. Over the next day she came out of the curl, and over the next couple days the dent disappeared (though I could still see marks where it had been in her exo) and she seemed to recover.

I was nervous about her molting though, since I wasn't sure if there was internal damage that might just kill her when she molted. She's been getting very dark over the last couple days, so I knew it was coming. Last night I saw she was upright still, but legs tucked in to her sides and her carapace had popped. This morning I looked in to see a very pale legged sling walking around and her tiny shed shoved off to the side! {D {D YAY!

Maybe not exciting to everyone, just another sling molt, but I'm excited that she seems to be doing so well! And until she's big enough to show otherwise I'm going to keep calling her a she in hopes of a big G. Pulchra female! :D We need more of them in the hobby! {D

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thats great to hear im glad your pulchra is doing better:D

Red Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's fantastic news! She is certainly lucky to have a "mom" tending to her needs. Good job :clap: