tinnie tiny mini exo's for slings

ch4dg

Arachnosquire
hey everyone,

i dont know how most of you do it but i get really fed up with the containers for my aboreal slings as the slings just make webs going from the sides to the lids so everytime i go to feed or water them i have to really disturb them

these are the types of pots i use with pop off lids

and as you can see this one's at the top

and so is this one

and this one

and one opened...which leave a disturbed T

so i created these....

and now they open with no mess with the spider

this was just a test piece to see if they work, but i will defo be making more
the battery is a standard AA just to give you an idea of the size
all the black has substrate in a mixture of moss and eco-earth
i even done a little background :biggrin:

Last edited:

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I use these. Same principle. Spider webs in the top, I can lift the top off and set it to the side to feed, water, clean, etc.

Arachno Dano

Arachnosquire
I need to start making my own enclosures! Every penny I spend on enclosures could go towards another tarantula! :biggrin:

~Dano

matt82

Arachnoknight
Those are pretty excellent sling housings ch4g. :clap: Ditto on yours Formerphobe. Nice work folks!

Jquack530

Arachnosquire
Those are cool. I especially like the fact that you even made a little background haha

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
If you make a lot, I'll buy some from you. :D

Those are amazing and very appealing to the eye!

Using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't get it. :?

So the habitable part of this enclosure is everything from the center up?
Have you ever actually put a spider in there to see how it behaves?

I'm pretty sure anything you put in there is just going to web everything up anyway, and it won't really fix the problem you describe.

ch4dg

Arachnosquire
I use these. Same principle. Spider webs in the top, I can lift the top off and set it to the side to feed, water, clean, etc.
QUOTE]
thats exactly what i was aiming for but on a much smaller scale

ch4dg those are really cool looking.
cheers

ch4g those are fricking awesome! I love that! So cute. :p You MADE it?? Amazing!
thanks and yep i made it

I need to start making my own enclosures! Every penny I spend on enclosures could go towards another tarantula! :biggrin:
have ago this cost about 50p to make

Those are pretty excellent sling housings ch4g. :clap: Ditto on yours Formerphobe. Nice work folks!
cheers

Dude! Can I buy one of those!?
sorry i aint got anymore spare...i will hopefully make some extra, will keep you posted

Those are cool. I especially like the fact that you even made a little background haha
even little sling deserve a background

If you make a lot, I'll buy some from you. :D
Those are amazing and very appealing to the eye!
thanks, i will let you know if i build more

I don't get it. :?

So the habitable part of this enclosure is everything from the center up?
Have you ever actually put a spider in there to see how it behaves?

I'm pretty sure anything you put in there is just going to web everything up anyway, and it won't really fix the problem you describe.
i've edited the original post with pics of examples of the prob,
but they're very simular the the aboreal vivs for larger t's like the one's formerphobe posted.

aboreals more than likely make their webs in the top corners (as you'd expect),so if you use pots/tubs with screw lids or pop off tops you keep disturbing them and/or destroy they're webs so having it open at the bottom means i can still open it water the soil pop a cricket in and leave their webs alone....hope that makes sense

thanks agian everyone:biggrin:

Last edited:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Put me down for a few of these, if you make some. With my crappy crippled hand, I have a lot of trouble making my own cages, now.

Toogledoo

Arachnoknight
Hey, those are pretty cute. Did something come in those little containers? Formerphobe's look awesome as well!

ch4dg

Arachnosquire
Put me down for a few of these, if you make some. With my crappy crippled hand, I have a lot of trouble making my own cages, now.
i've done a guide now so you can have a go

Hey, those are pretty cute. Did something come in those little containers? Formerphobe's look awesome as well!
cheers....yes cocktail sticks

heres a guide on how i made them if anyones interested
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...iny-exo-s-for-slings....how-to-guide-included
cheers

Robotponys

Arachnoknight
oh! duh! These are only made in the UK! I have tried websites, but they have minimum orders, out of stock, or shipping is too expensive. :( Plus its in the UK. :p