1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timing is Always Off

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by darkness975, Aug 9, 2018 at 12:36 PM.

1. darkness975

darkness975 Dream Reaper Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow, leaving tomorrow night. My G. porteri decided to molt last week. While I am not concerned about food (shes still plump even post molt) I do wish she had waited until I got back , just because .

You know ?

20180809_123248.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoprince Active Member

You have nothing to worry about man, couldn't starve one of these even if you wanted to lol.

Enjoy your time away, she'll be fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. darkness975

I know, it's just that it's one of those ingrained things that you hate to be so far away. Truthfully my scorpions are probably more at risk then my tarantulas since for whatever reason they like to dump substrate in their water dishes pretty much as soon as I fill it

4. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking Active Member

I feel ya. Dont worry though, Grammys are tough as nails.

I regularly leave home and need to leave my spiders behind. I am 2 weeks and 3 days deep on this trip and left mid moulting season.

The temps back home have dramatically dropped while I have been away too. And I never left the heating on as the temps were very high when I left :(

I also left with some nymphs in incubators too. Man I really hope all is well when I get home Saturday.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  5. darkness975

Hope !

6. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Nothing to worry about dark. Ive had NWs with small abs molt while I was away, ya can't control nature ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. darkness975

Day one in Florida. Hopefully they haven't decided to party hard and spill everything.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Don't worry, they won't flip all their water dishes, some will just get filled with substrate! ;)

9. Ultum4Spiderz

Ultum4Spiderz Arachnoprince Active Member

My Ts keep getting drowned dubia , they escape the T . End up stinky water

10. They do often view a water bowl as toilet or landfill. lol

But I doubt he left any food in with them before he left!

11. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking Active Member

Update. Lost one specimen. Phormingochilus everetti juvenile male. Not the first of these I have lost. These seem very fragile.

All other Ts are just fine which is usually the case. Even all the spiderlings.

• Sad Sad x 1