Tiger legs laying eggs on a plane!!!!

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehey guys!!!! I'm exceeeeeeeeeeeeedingly thrilled right now, i've just gotten a few centipedes in a trade and, on its way, ONE OF THE SC.SUBSPINIPES ''STRIPED LEGS'' LAID EGGS!!!! Now i have a female with about 20-30 eggs and i'm trying to figure out a way not to have her eat them... I'm very surprised that she didnt eat them already but now i have to transfer her in another cage... and thats where i need help!!!! How should i do it? I think i'm just going to make her a regular centipede setup ( critter keeper, 3'' compressed substrate, cork bark house, water bowl, sphagnum moss ) and i'm going to let her leave her little container on her own... Then i'll place her in a darker spot of my room and try not to bug her for the next month? Any suggestions, guys? Help is really welcome!!!!

phil.

Twilight

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!! GRRR...I'M GOING TO SNEAK OVER THERE AND TAKE IT FROM YOU :wall:

Congrats...lets all cross our fingers in hopes that she doesn't eat them. Hey...if you wanna sell some off later I'll buy some. Later

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well i have to make sure that they all live first... so... any helpful tips, anyone? Usually, i'm optimistic but i'm not that much about a centipede that lays during shipment... specially that its my first clutch of centipede eggs ever!!!!

phil.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
1) why do you "have" to xfer it?

2) what i did for a scorp that made babies in a tiny cage was to set up a larger cage and then just put the tiny cage in it and opened the tiny container up. the mom just left the tiny cage one day on her own.

i figure that way if she "likes" the tiny cage she can keep it, otherwise she can decide to try to move on to greener pastures herself

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well i think that i have to transfer it because its shipping box is too small for it to stay alive in it for a month... For the rest, well its pretty sure that i'll just put the tiny box in the other container, i'm just trying to figure out what kind of container would be best... Would a critter keeper dehydrate the eggs too fast?

phil.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hmm, can you make pics?

i think you are seriously overestimating the space these guys need or want

failing pics can you give size of pede and dimensions of her current cage?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hmm, what is the vent like?

that is actually quite a big larger than the size of a incubating chamber that a slightly smaller polymorpha dug last year. The babies are two inches now :)

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Seems like the container will be an old plastic margerine container with duckt tape all around ( to make it dark inside )... The bin is about 2L thought so i'll just make sure that the place is stuffed with hide spots and doesnt stress out the centipede...

phil.

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bought three tigerlegs from Hong Kong and now two of them have eggs.. I belive the third is a male.. but I am not sure.

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, thats pretty nice :). I hope my three other ones lay eggs too, hehe :).

phil.