Ticia's new pet.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I need a propper ID for ticia's new bity lil brat thing!
Sold as black trapdoor spider, legspan about 1inch.

Attachments

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
PS: I'm being slapped around and abused, [ I promise I enjoy it!] This bity braty thing is owned by braticia My wife, I gave it to her for christmas. She wanted it so badly she runs when I open it up just cuss it bit me! lmao. She can't wait till it makes its funnel web with trap door. allready it pounces crickets [devouring number two now] I know it may take a few days for it to settle down into its enviroment and actualy construct its home but it has a burrow started [thanks to the finger it bit] and seems to enjoy just stting in it. It's being treated as fallows :deep substrate to allow deep burrowing, Moist potting soil bottle cap water dish, room is beign kept a constant 75-80f *thank god to the new heater we got all our pets are are living up the heat instead of cold nights..*

Any suggestions on husbandry for it, and a scientific name would be helpfull.

If you really want it to make an elaborate burrow where it can reach out and grab its prey, make the Substrate on a slope kind of like a mountain it will dig into the "mountain side" striaght in and it will sit in there, maybe even it will make a burrow straight to the other side of the glass! that would be interesting... My Theraphosa Blondi did that so i could watch its every move. (and clean all the nasties out of its burrow when it came time for them to mold.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It has a very nice Ant lion larva kinda thing going on. It's moved the dirt around to make a 'funnel' that leads into his trap in the corner of his home. He just finnished the door [well its nto completely finnished] and barely webed up the side so hes still nice and visable. Eating great but I'd still like scientific name and every bit of info on them I can get.