Thyropoeus mirandus care sheet?

Wesley Barnum

Arachnosquire
saw one of these popped up! and the "addiction itch" kicked in!:rofl: I'm not *too* familiar with trapdoor sp. I doubt it's nothing too unique, but you never know.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do you have a photo of it? There may be some T. mirandus specimens out there that were mislabeled/misidentified from the exporter (mine being one of them).

Wesley Barnum

Arachnosquire
Do you have a photo of it? There may be some T. mirandus specimens out there that were mislabeled/misidentified from the exporter (mine being one of them).
I don’t have the species atm. But I did get it off of 03arachnids.

Wesley Barnum

Arachnosquire
I've been asking around, they suggest that it's apart of Genysa genus. which is apart of Madagascar.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Austin is a solid seller. I seriously doubt he misidentified anything purposely. What I can say probably happened is that the person he got them from labeled them as such and he just kept the label.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been asking around, they suggest that it's apart of Genysa genus. which is apart of Madagascar.
Genysa is in the Idiopidae family so it's possible. I haven't gotten around to going over the literature to find any keys to narrow down to genus (if Idiopidae is indeed the correct family). Also possible it's an undescribed species.

Wesley Barnum

Arachnosquire
Austin is a solid seller. I seriously doubt he misidentified anything purposely. What I can say probably happened is that the person he got them from labeled them as such and he just kept the label.
I’m not attacking the dude for anything. But it’s really not hard to tell if you know what they look like vs what he got. Thyropoeus hardly look as if they have eyes to begin with. Even I could I tell something wasn’t right with it. I thought I got a Cyclocosmia at first.

Wesley Barnum

Arachnosquire
Genysa is in the Idiopidae family so it's possible. I haven't gotten around to going over the literature to find any keys to narrow down to genus (if Idiopidae is indeed the correct family). Also possible it's an undescribed species.
I can’t really say for sure it is a idiopidae. But it’s very possible. The illustrations of the Genysa genus are in French however. At least the ones I found. It could be an undescribed species, but I wouldn’t assume that until we literally can’t find nothing.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I confidently agree with @wetwork that whatever it is, to me it looks like an Idiopid. I thought that before even reading their comment lol. It's definitely a long shot, but when you deal with Idiopidae alot you just know when something has "that look". It reminds me quite a lot of Euoplos Variabilis. Is this one a lid maker?