Thrixopelma ockerti name contest!

DadsGlasses

Arachnosquire
Thrixopelma ockerti gets my vote.
Understand and agree. Unfortunately the kids have outvoted me. (Often the case in these sorts of issues.) So the compromise is this: they have to know the scientific name. They have to be able to pronounce and spell the genus and species. If they do a report for school, they must use the scientific name. But in the house, they want to give them pet names.

cold blood

Staff member
Sounds like the only reasonable solution is to get a second ockerti so they can be Itchy & Scratchy
Both apply to a single t...and the fact that it will be watched by the kids like a...well....show;)

But yes, always buy multiples when you can, its very much to your advantage.:)

lateapexpredator

So angry
Wockerti Flockerti Flame.
Totes gets my votes.

Understand and agree. Unfortunately the kids have outvoted me. (Often the case in these sorts of issues.) So the compromise is this: they have to know the scientific name. They have to be able to pronounce and spell the genus and species. If they do a report for school, they must use the scientific name. But in the house, they want to give them pet names.
Nothing wrong with having a fun name vs the scientific names. Both my Ts have silly names but the kids know their scientific names as well.