Thrixopelma clarification

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I've been looking around window shopping for Ts, given the weather is just too inconsistent to place an order right now, and I came across a listing for Thrixopelma sp blue. I haven't been able to gather much information about them at all searching around.

Of course I'll likely end up contacting the seller but I'd prefer not to pester them if I'm not actually purchasing at the moment, so I figured I would ask here.

I'm mostly looking just for positively IDed pictures, but any information would be great. Are they anything like cyanoleum? Wishful thinking, I'd love to find one someday.

cold blood

Staff member
I could see that as a confused id of cyaneolum...pics of the specimen would be nice...I've never heard of Thrixopelma sp. blue...but then till last year I never heard of sp. black either.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I could see that as a confused id of cyaneolum...pics of the specimen would be nice...I've never heard of Thrixopelma sp. blue...but then till last year I never heard of sp. black either.
I think I'll definitely ask the vendor for pictures, when I do I'll be sure to post them here (with permission of course)

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Well, unfortunately the only pictures the vendor was able to get to me were of the slings/juveniles which are basically indistinguishable. It seems it'll remain a mystery for now.

AracKnight

Arachnopeon
Well, there are 2 possibilities.
1) It's a rather old name. I've seen Thrixopelma cyaneolum or Homoeomma sp. "Peru II/Blue" labeled as Thrixopelma sp. "Blue" sometimes in the past.
2) There has recently been a new import from Peru with a 'new' 'Thrixopelma' species also called Thrixopelma sp. "Blue". It is not yet determined, if it is really a Thrixopelma and/or an undescribed species. I generally don't trust most sellers there, if they claim so, simply because in most cases they are relying on characteristics that are very weak in determining species"it's hairs are little less red"/...